Anybody smoke Dr. Grabow pipes?

Pipe & Hardware discussions
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

mcommini wrote: 11 Jan 2023, 16:08 I love Grabow pipes but am unfortunately quite clumsy and they break very easily. I don't currently have any in my rotation. I probably would if they could be found behind every drug store counter as they used to even ten years ago.
See Jake's post, above.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
Yohanan
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by Yohanan »

Yes, I do. I hope there's nothing wrong with that?
***Smoke What You Like, and Like What You Smoke, No Matter What Anyone Else Thinks!!!***
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

Yohanan wrote: 20 Jan 2023, 18:39 Yes, I do. I hope there's nothing wrong with that?
You don't use the paper filter, do you?
Yohanan
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by Yohanan »

No, I do not, is there something wrong with that? is this a problem we need to discuss?
***Smoke What You Like, and Like What You Smoke, No Matter What Anyone Else Thinks!!!***
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

Yohanan wrote: 20 Jan 2023, 21:21 No, I do not, is there something wrong with that? is this a problem we need to discuss?
No... It's fine with me if you don't use the filters.

Although I might loose all respect if you do.
Yohanan
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by Yohanan »

Del wrote: 21 Jan 2023, 08:25
Yohanan wrote: 20 Jan 2023, 21:21 No, I do not, is there something wrong with that? is this a problem we need to discuss?

You Know? I was just looking at my posts, and they appear to be hateful and snide at the least, that was not their intent, Thank you for being more than kind, and Please forgive me, Most of my Grabow's or the older ones with the stingers, I do have some Dukes that take the paper filters, some made in the 70"s to early 80"s, and would be good for a sopping gooey wet tobacco after you have dried it out in the Mojave desert for about 10 years. God Bless and take care.
Jocose
Usher
Usher

Post by Jocose »

I smoke a couple of Grabows. One is a CPS POY gifted to me several years ago, great smoker (the finish bubbled up after a while but still a good smoker)

In the past I've thought about buying one off the shelf at the drugstore but come to think of it, I haven't seen any on the shelf in a while now..
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

Yohanan wrote: 23 Jan 2023, 18:33
Del wrote: 21 Jan 2023, 08:25

You Know? I was just looking at my posts, and they appear to be hateful and snide at the least, that was not their intent, Thank you for being more than kind, and Please forgive me, Most of my Grabow's or the older ones with the stingers, I do have some Dukes that take the paper filters, some made in the 70"s to early 80"s, and would be good for a sopping gooey wet tobacco after you have dried it out in the Mojave desert for about 10 years. God Bless and take care.
I'm just kidding! Please don't be offended. I sincerely apologize for distressing you.

A long time ago, CPS reached a consensus that Grabow and Missouri Meerschaum pipes smoke a lot easier without the filters. It blocks the draw something fierce! I'm not sure why they ever had filters in the first place. Probably just to have something else to sell to newbies.

I am very fond of the Grabow Omega with the military bit. When my "condorized Grabow" developed a crack in the shank, I retired it and bought another Grabow Omega.

I'm taking it off the shelf to smoke this week in your honor, sir! It's been a while.