From Washington state

Questions, Reviews, Storage, anything about `baccy
anixi
Sunday School Student

From Washington state

Post by anixi »

Hovannes wrote: 26 May 2024, 18:17 Which tobacco blends are you partial to?
Gawith/Hoggarth's:
-Dark Flake, unscented
-Black Twist, curly cut
-Dark Bird's Eye

Samuel Gawith:
-1792 flake
-Squadron Leader

Peterson [Dunhill]:
-MM 965
-EMP
-Irish Flake
anixi
Sunday School Student

From Washington state

Post by anixi »

Sir Moose wrote: 24 May 2024, 15:36 As somebody who is in Washington State, I can assure you that the situation sucks if you don't have a decent tobacconist near you. Our local ones closed down a while back. I'm stuck rationing my pipe tobacco and primarily smoking cigars (which are still legal to mail order). The other option is to have a friend send you tobacco that you aren't purchasing from them--it's illegal to purchase shipped tobacco, but not to receive shipped tobacco.
I can legally receive shipped tobacco from out of state?
I had no idea!
I wish I had a lawyer..
Sir Moose
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

From Washington state

Post by Sir Moose »

anixi wrote: 30 May 2024, 11:21
Sir Moose wrote: 24 May 2024, 15:36 As somebody who is in Washington State, I can assure you that the situation sucks if you don't have a decent tobacconist near you. Our local ones closed down a while back. I'm stuck rationing my pipe tobacco and primarily smoking cigars (which are still legal to mail order). The other option is to have a friend send you tobacco that you aren't purchasing from them--it's illegal to purchase shipped tobacco, but not to receive shipped tobacco.
I can legally receive shipped tobacco from out of state?
I had no idea!
I wish I had a lawyer..
RCW 70.155.140 wrote: (1) A person may not:
(a) Ship or transport, or cause to be shipped or transported, any tobacco product ordered or purchased by mail or through the internet to anyone in this state other than a licensed wholesaler or retailer; or
(b) With knowledge or reason to know of the violation, provide substantial assistance to a person who is in violation of this section.
As long as it isn't "ordered or purchased by mail or through the internet" the prohibition to receive it by shipping doesn't apply.
Del
Deacon
Deacon

From Washington state

Post by Del »

FredS wrote: 28 May 2024, 06:29
Sir Moose wrote: 24 May 2024, 15:36 . . . The other option is to have a friend send you tobacco that you aren't purchasing from them--it's illegal to purchase shipped tobacco, but not to receive shipped tobacco.
I'd never suggest anything illegal and I certainly wouldn't post about it on the internet for all the world to see, but having a generous out-of-state friend is a blessing. CPS might be a good place to make such friends if you're interested in that sort of thing.
Yup. A lot of guys would be glad to help out. Perhaps Sir Moose could help with the shipping cost.

You know.... "How much is shipping?"
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

From Washington state

Post by coco »

I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.