I have made a commitment

Questions, Reviews, Storage, anything about `baccy
joegoat
The Naughty Grand Poobah
The Naughty Grand Poobah

I have made a commitment

Post by joegoat »

I have made a commitment. I'm smoking exclusively my McClelland blends until they're gone.
I have a bunch of McClelland blends that I've been smoking only on special occasions. McClelland was a phenomenal brand, but they are gone now. Others are stepping up to fill the gap.
I had a brief moment to meet Mike McNiel at Chicago last year and I thanked him for the excellent blends he gave pipe smokers.
Their Virginia blends are what kept me in the hobby. Aromatics didn't do it for me, but the McClelland Virginia blends taught me that the pipe offered such diverse flavors. After smoking a few of the black labels they offered, I branched out into the Latakia laced blends then perique, Kentucky dark fired, and so on.
I'm currently smoking a 13 year old tin of Frog Morton. It has aged into such a creamy, smokey, sweet blend that it's unreal.
If I recall, I paid $30 for four tins of Frog Morton blends when I bought this particular tin.
I could sell them for some crazy price, but I want to enjoy them and then find something new to enjoy.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)
Yohanan
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

I have made a commitment

Post by Yohanan »

Congratulations, Enjoy!!!
***Smoke What You Like, and Like What You Smoke, No Matter What Anyone Else Thinks!!!***
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

I have made a commitment

Post by coco »

Rusty used to remind us to smoke some of the good stuff instead of saving it for later, since you can't take it with you when you go.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.