SCOTUS Decision on Roe Leaked

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Post by Biff »

Del wrote: 03 May 2022, 10:56
Biff wrote: 03 May 2022, 09:19 And now they're looking at Sotomayer. Figures.
When a Justice cultivates a reputation for hiring the most extreme activist young clerks, she'll draw the most pointy fingers when something goes wrong.
For good reason..
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

Biff wrote: 03 May 2022, 11:06
Del wrote: 03 May 2022, 10:56
Biff wrote: 03 May 2022, 09:19 And now they're looking at Sotomayer. Figures.
When a Justice cultivates a reputation for hiring the most extreme activist young clerks, she'll draw the most pointy fingers when something goes wrong.
For good reason..
I will be very embarrassing for her if this quick jumping to conclusion turns out to be true.

If it turns out to be so, I'd bet that Chief Justice Roberts (by whatever authority he has) will assert some sort of review and veto over any radical clerks that Sotomayor and Justice Black Woman might want to hire in the future.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

Del wrote: 03 May 2022, 13:24
Del wrote: 03 May 2022, 10:56 When a Justice cultivates a reputation for hiring the most extreme activist young clerks, she'll draw the most pointy fingers when something goes wrong.
For good reason..
I will be very embarrassing for her if this quick jumping to conclusion turns out to be true.

If it turns out to be so, I'd bet that Chief Justice Roberts (by whatever authority he has) will assert some sort of review and veto over any radical clerks that Sotomayor and Justice Black Woman might want to hire in the future.
I'd rather see someone fired and prosecuted.

It'd be highly disrespectful - among a group who (publicly) treat each other with respect even when they disagree, which is difficult to find in DC these days - for the Chief Justice to even try to restrict or veto another Justice's staff.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
DLJake
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Post by DLJake »

Huge wow.

Brethren and Sisteren, I beg you.

Any humans faced with this in their lives has pain.

Please, walk with grace.
Nothing destroys cowboy boots faster than mare's urine. - JimVH as published in Equine Quarterly September 2022
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

FredS wrote: 03 May 2022, 14:38
Del wrote: 03 May 2022, 13:24
For good reason..

I'd rather see someone fired and prosecuted.

It'd be highly disrespectful - among a group who (publicly) treat each other with respect even when they disagree, which is difficult to find in DC these days - for the Chief Justice to even try to restrict or veto another Justice's staff.
It will be interesting to watch this played out. We're all guessing.

It seems more likely that they will put strong electronic controls on the files, so chain of custody is closely tracked.

There might not even be a leaker in the Supreme Court. Maybe they got hacked. Maybe some angry ex-boyfriend decoded a file stolen onto a thumb drive, perhaps even from one of Alito's own clerks. (This could also explain why a February draft was leaked in May.)

I just hope they get to the bottom of this swiftly.
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by tuttle »

Over the weekend there were protests at the actual homes of Kavanaugh and Roberts. Alito and his family have been moved to an undisclosed location. A church in Colorado was vandalized. A prolife office in Wisconsin was set on fire from a molotov cocktail.

"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

If one considers abortion the killing of an unborn child, it should come as no surprise that abortion supporters could be violent.

If one considers abortion bans physical intrusions or limitations on what women do to/with their own bodies, it should come as no surprise that abortion supporters could be violent.

So yeah, expect violence.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Thunktank
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by Thunktank »

tuttle wrote: 09 May 2022, 06:28 Over the weekend there were protests at the actual homes of Kavanaugh and Roberts. Alito and his family have been moved to an undisclosed location. A church in Colorado was vandalized. A prolife office in Wisconsin was set on fire from a molotov cocktail.

Extremism breeds violence. Extremism should be aborted. Too late for that, Alito is already born and breathing. Lol!
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by tuttle »

Thunktank wrote: 09 May 2022, 08:28
tuttle wrote: 09 May 2022, 06:28 Over the weekend there were protests at the actual homes of Kavanaugh and Roberts. Alito and his family have been moved to an undisclosed location. A church in Colorado was vandalized. A prolife office in Wisconsin was set on fire from a molotov cocktail.

Extremism breeds violence. Extremism should be aborted. Too late for that, Alito is already born and breathing. Lol!
Is that like a joke for liberals or something?
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

There's a meme of RGB with some pro abortion text making the rounds on my liberal friends FB pages. Someone commented that RBG should have been glad her mother didn't abort her. That drew an instant "Get the F off my page if you don't agree". Seriously, my liberal young woman friend told her friend (who I don't know) that she should leave if she doesn't agree with her, presumably ending the friendship on the spot.
Last edited by FredS on 09 May 2022, 11:01, edited 1 time in total.