The Zoo Thread

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community

Do you Zoo?

yes
44%
no
22%
Morley in a gorilla suit
No votes
coco's goat farm
33%

Total votes: 9

sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

The Zoo Thread

Post by sweetandsour »

JimVH wrote: 17 May 2022, 15:03 In high school a buddy and I took Child Development thinking being the only guys in a class full of girls would help our odds. It didn't. Anyway, as part of a class project we took a bunch of kids he babysat for to the Houston Zoo on a field trip. One of the kids squeezed into the giraffe enclosure somehow and it turned into a whole thing. Zoo people get really worked-up over things like that.
I bet they do.
When my wife was at Memorial Herman, I forget which floor, I could see the giraffes from our window. I could only see the upper half of the neck and the head, above the trees and buildings, moving about, and it took me a few minutes to realize what I was seeing. It amused my wife when I told her I was watching the giraffes over at the zoo, and she asked if I could see the monkeys. So later in the gift shop I found a stuffed monkey, which really cheered her up, and made my day.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

The Zoo Thread

Post by tuttle »

Went to the zoo again yesterday.

Made some good dad jokes about how the parking lot was the actual zoo.

Saw (and heard) some Laughing Kookaburras.

The orangutan's were particularly playful and interactive.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

The Zoo Thread

Post by tuttle »

JimVH wrote: 17 May 2022, 15:03 In high school a buddy and I took Child Development thinking being the only guys in a class full of girls would help our odds. It didn't. Anyway, as part of a class project we took a bunch of kids he babysat for to the Houston Zoo on a field trip. One of the kids squeezed into the giraffe enclosure somehow and it turned into a whole thing. Zoo people get really worked-up over things like that.
At the KC zoo there's an area in "Australia" to view kangaroos which is not fenced in. The kangaroos just roam around like peacocks. There are signs telling all to keep on the trail and such, but a few years back we witnessed some slackjawed feller--sort of had an "It's Me Again Margaret" vibe--wander right out to the nearest 'roo. I pulled out my phone to record the event, for I believed it was going to end hilariously poorly for the man.

But fortunately, though unfortunately for me and my dreams of the next viral sensation, while the kangaroo stood and sized up the yokel, no physical interaction occurred. It ended with a wimper, or rather half-crazed redneck laughter.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion