Fishing - 2022

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Fishing - 2022

Post by sweetandsour »

I haven't done much at all, but I found a Joe's Hopper in my desk and wanted to give it a try this afternoon, so I went to the boat ramp at our duck lease, and caught one perch after another. Bass were hitting it but not getting hooked. I only took one pic, I was busy dodging the alligators, what a nuisance. The first pic posted twice, I don't know why.
IMG_20220605_195815597.jpg
IMG_20220605_195815597.jpg (7.39 MiB) Viewed 618 times
IMG_20220605_195815597.jpg
IMG_20220605_195815597.jpg (7.39 MiB) Viewed 618 times
Attachments
IMG_20220605_195812458_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220605_195812458_HDR.jpg (6.16 MiB) Viewed 618 times
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Fishing - 2022

Post by FredS »

sweetandsour wrote: 05 Jun 2022, 19:08 I only took one pic, I was busy dodging the alligators, what a nuisance.
Mosquitos and kids throwing rocks in the water are a nuisance. Alligators go waaaay beyond that.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Fishing - 2022

Post by JimVH »

FredS wrote: 06 Jun 2022, 06:14
sweetandsour wrote: 05 Jun 2022, 19:08 I only took one pic, I was busy dodging the alligators, what a nuisance.
Mosquitos and kids throwing rocks in the water are a nuisance. Alligators go waaaay beyond that.
I'm just now starting to see them with any regularity. All of our area park lakes have them now and even our flood control ditches are seeing occasional traffic.

They're sneaky little beggars and the ones growing up in our busy parks are not nearly as skittish around people as the old farts. Lake Raven in Huntsville State Park has had a significant population for several years. The little ones have no problem being just a few feet away from you as you fish.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Fishing - 2022

Post by Bloodhound »

Yup...dodging gators while fishing...I have a tough enough time with my casting...gators take it to overload...Glad you were able to get out....uh...and back! :shock:
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
Thunktank
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Fishing - 2022

Post by Thunktank »

I’m probably going to get a fat tire e bike tomorrow. I plan to ride it on the beach to do light tackle surf fishing. The key is to cover lots of ground and catch a few fish out of the different periodic beach structures. I’ve done this with my mountain bike, it will be even better with a fat bike.
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Fishing - 2022

Post by coco »

Thunktank wrote: 06 Jun 2022, 11:09 I’m probably going to get a fat tire e bike tomorrow. I plan to ride it on the beach to do light tackle surf fishing. The key is to cover lots of ground and catch a few fish out of the different periodic beach structures. I’ve done this with my mountain bike, it will be even better with a fat bike.
Please post some pictures and such in the peddling thread if you get one. I would expect the wide tires to do nicely in the sand.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
Thunktank
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Fishing - 2022

Post by Thunktank »

coco wrote: 06 Jun 2022, 11:17
Thunktank wrote: 06 Jun 2022, 11:09 I’m probably going to get a fat tire e bike tomorrow. I plan to ride it on the beach to do light tackle surf fishing. The key is to cover lots of ground and catch a few fish out of the different periodic beach structures. I’ve done this with my mountain bike, it will be even better with a fat bike.
Please post some pictures and such in the peddling thread if you get one. I would expect the wide tires to do nicely in the sand.
Will do!
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Fishing - 2022

Post by coco »

There are several REAL fishermen on this forum. I'm just a guy that occasionally goes fishing.

Looking back at Orange Beach:

A stowaway that stayed with the boat the entire trip:
I will let you decide which one is the stowaway.

Red Snapper and Trigger:
Image Image

The bounty of the sea:

Four doofuses:
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Fishing - 2022

Post by FredS »

Speaking of nuisances while fishing:

Jax found snow and mud last weekend. (this photo was before he decided to play in the mud) This is the first time I've taken him fishing and he got filthy, but I think he'll turn out to be a pretty good fishing buddy. Mrs FredS asked how I was going to get him clean before driving back to camp. I tossed him in creek. Twice.

Mrs FredS had the only action during what turned out to be a short fishing day.

Our view for the weekend. 9000 ft. 32f at night, 65f in the afternoons was just perfect!
(For the record, yes, I realize I'm the luckiest man in the world. This camp is a state campground, with electricity, for $36/night, an hour and a half - and that's going over the pass, at 45mph - from home.)
Last edited by FredS on 06 Jun 2022, 12:20, edited 1 time in total.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Fishing - 2022

Post by Bloodhound »

FredS wrote: 06 Jun 2022, 11:41 Speaking of nuisances while fishing:

Jax found snow and mud last weekend. (this photo was before he decided to play in the mud) This is the first time I've taken him fishing and he got filthy, but I think he'll turn out to be a pretty good fishing buddy. Mrs FredS asked how I was going to get him clean before driving back to camp. I tossed him in creek. Twice.

Mrs FredS had the only action during what turned out to be a short fishing day.

Our view for the weekend. 9000 ft. 32f at night, 65f in the afternoons was just perfect!
(For the record, yes, I realize I'm the luckiest man in the world. This camp is a state campground, with electricity, for $36/night, and hour and a half - and that's going over the pass, at 45mph - from home.)
SWEET!!! Looks like a great weekend!
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD