Got tired of waiting

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Got tired of waiting

Post by JimVH »

Bloodhound wrote: 20 Apr 2022, 15:06 The day it went dark, I was composing a private message to JimVH and it flashed and I thought my WiFi was acting up...then it came back and I started to compose a message to sweet&sour and FredS to see if they were having issues and midway thru the composing, it went dark and that was that. I checked every day for a week or two then, then the message came up that we all saw, that the site had been attacked, and the software was old and....

:( :shock: :o
I spent the next several months waiting for Bloohound's PM to show-up. I finally decided he just didn't care and found a good therapist to help me sort it out.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Thunktank
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Got tired of waiting

Post by Thunktank »

FredS wrote: 21 Apr 2022, 06:28 It's amazing, I think, that most CPS'ers have cliqued up with a few others outside of this forum so it was pretty easy to get the band back together once Biff built a new clubhouse.

Rusty used to say this place was set apart. He could see it. He even went so far as to accept that maybe it's the 'C' in CPS that makes the difference. Not accepting that Christ Himself was on the prowl here mind you, but maybe that Christians acted differently.
You and I should have cliqued up outside. I think you offered at one time. It’s me, I know. Lol!

But yeah, Rusty and Monarchist were two men we lost and for me, they proved to be more than guys on the internet. I really wish I still had the PMs I’ve had with those fellas and others hear. But yeah, I’m grateful AFRS, I mean Biff, built is a new clubhouse. To be honest, I had a bit rough year last year. I could have used CPS, although I wonder if I could have added anything useful in return. I don’t think I really belong here anymore.

Alright, enough with that! I’m am glad to see of you guys again.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Got tired of waiting

Post by FredS »

Thunktank wrote: 21 Apr 2022, 08:52 . . . To be honest, I had a bit rough year last year. I could have used CPS, although I wonder if I could have added anything useful in return. I don’t think I really belong here anymore.

Alright, enough with that! I’m am glad to see of you guys again.
If you didn't belong here, you wouldn't be here. One neither stumbles upon, nor stays at this place accidentally.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Got tired of waiting

Post by Biff »

Thunktank wrote: 21 Apr 2022, 08:52 I had a bit rough year last year. I could have used CPS, although I wonder if I could have added anything useful in return. I don’t think I really belong here anymore.
Thunk, I think a lot of people had a rough year. I'm surprised Munkey didn't realize that & work harder to bring the old site back up. The fact that CPS is a supportive community was in my mind when I decided to pull the pin & see what would happen if I re-tooled CPS. We *need* this place.

You belong here as much as anyone. I tried to replicate this site as close to the old one as possible. As more people find it, I'm sure it'll become more familiar and the old friends vibe will come back. Please stay.

Blessings...
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
Thunktank
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Got tired of waiting

Post by Thunktank »

Biff wrote: 21 Apr 2022, 10:16
Thunktank wrote: 21 Apr 2022, 08:52 I had a bit rough year last year. I could have used CPS, although I wonder if I could have added anything useful in return. I don’t think I really belong here anymore.
Thunk, I think a lot of people had a rough year. I'm surprised Munkey didn't realize that & work harder to bring the old site back up. The fact that CPS is a supportive community was in my mind when I decided to pull the pin & see what would happen if I re-tooled CPS. We *need* this place.

You belong here as much as anyone. I tried to replicate this site as close to the old one as possible. As more people find it, I'm sure it'll become more familiar and the old friends vibe will come back. Please stay.

Blessings...
I’m really glad to hear you say that, Biff. It does feel like a continuation of the old site. Thanks again.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Got tired of waiting

Post by Biff »

Thunktank wrote: 21 Apr 2022, 12:48
Biff wrote: 21 Apr 2022, 10:16

Blessings...
I’m really glad to hear you say that, Biff. It does feel like a continuation of the old site. Thanks again.
Yer :text-welcomewave:
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
mdpiper
Sunday School Student

Got tired of waiting

Post by mdpiper »

JimVH wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 13:49 Hi, I'm JimVH. I was JimVH on the old site.
Dang I wanted to be JimVH!
…..
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Got tired of waiting

Post by JimVH »

mdpiper wrote: 28 Apr 2022, 20:55
JimVH wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 13:49 Hi, I'm JimVH. I was JimVH on the old site.
Dang I wanted to be JimVH!
Good to see you around here!
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Jocose
Usher
Usher

Got tired of waiting

Post by Jocose »

Edit
Last edited by Jocose on 30 Apr 2022, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Got tired of waiting

Post by coco »

Jocose wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 12:07 "I've been waiting for a girl like you" lyrics pop into my head everytime I see this thread

The synthesizer part was done by Thomas Dolby.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.