Why would anyone vote for Donald Trump?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

mcommini wrote: 13 Aug 2022, 08:20
Del wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 09:36
Pick a policy - any policy. Any issue that important to you. And tell me how that problem or issue is better now under Biden than it was under Trump.

There are a few that I can think of.... if pro-abortion is your vital one thing, then Biden's your man.

But for most issues, I'm pretty sure that most people want our next president to restore what our last president did.
So far as I can see, Biden has been the most absolutely useless president we've had during my lifetime. I've just enough libertarian left in my political views that makes him my favorite president so far.

But Trump may have been either smart enough not to get involved with Ukraine, or dumb enough not to care to get involved. That would have been nice.
The Ukraine scenario is well-understood. Trump was actively keeping Putin inside his borders, because we saw from the Obama years that Putin really wanted more of Ukraine after getting a taste of the Crimea.

Trump had America militarily strong and energy-independent. We were building the Keystone XL pipeline, which would unleash the power of Alaska and Canadian oil production. America could supply ourselves and plenty more to export to our allies.
Trump had sanctions preventing Putin from completing Nordstream II pipeline. Europe could rely on American oil and gas, and not be dependent upon Russian oil and gas.

Not to mention, Trump's threats had real teeth in them. Putin didn't dare to invade Ukraine, because that would risk some serious war against America. Plus NATO nations had all beefed up their own militaries, at Trump's insistence.

We have to give Trump credit for being the only President since WWII who didn't get America into a new conflict. He even de-escalated situations in North Korea and the Middle East. It was brilliant statesmanship, using friendly diplomacy and strong threats appropriately.
=====================

First day in office, Biden killed Keystone, sanctioned American energy, and lifted the sanctions against Putin's pipeline.

Putin finished his pipeline, securing Europe's dependence upon Russian energy. Even their beefed-up militaries were dependent upon Russian oil. So Putin invaded Ukraine, confident that Biden wasn't strong enough to push back.

Don't take my word for it. This was Ukrainian President Zelensky's very own analysis.
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Post by coco »

Pick a policy - any policy. Any issue that important to you. And tell me how that problem or issue is better now under Biden than it was under Trump.
Biden is unquestionably the greatest leader the world has ever seen.

Trump showed his racial hatred by building a wall. Biden knew that all boundaries and borders were racist, so he eliminated them. In so doing, he provided inclusion for South and Central America's most misunderstood and unjustly hated public offenders.

Biden has spent trillions and trillions, which shows LEADERSHIP.

Biden has provided more money for low-income workers by making the $15 minimum wage irrelevant. The economy is now doing so well that workers at the local chicken slaughtering factory make $19/hour.

Biden's new Inflation Reduction act will increase taxes and government spending so that gas prices will soon be at 95 cents a gallon. Inflation was Trump's fault, but Biden has actually done something about it.

The COVID vaccine was created during Biden's presidency and under Biden's personal supervision.

Whereas Trump was a murdering warmonger, Biden successfully pulled our troops out of Afghanistan, leaving it under the loving care of the Taliban. Furthermore, he ensured the continued success of the new, tenderhearted government by giving it the greatest amount of military weapons ever given to any foreign power in the history of the world.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

coco wrote: 13 Aug 2022, 12:16

Trump showed his racial hatred by building a wall. Biden knew that all boundaries and borders were racist, so he eliminated them. In so doing, he provided inclusion for South and Central America's most misunderstood and unjustly hated public offenders.

Biden has provided more money for low-income workers by making the $15 minimum wage irrelevant. The economy is now doing so well that workers at the local chicken slaughtering factory make $19/hour.

Biden's new Inflation Reduction act will increase taxes and government spending so that gas prices will soon be at 95 cents a gallon. Inflation was Trump's fault, but Biden has actually done something about it.

The COVID vaccine was created during Biden's presidency and under Biden's personal supervision.

Whereas Trump was a murdering warmonger, Biden successfully pulled our troops out of Afghanistan, leaving it under the loving care of the Taliban. Furthermore, he ensured the continued success of the new, tenderhearted government by giving it the greatest amount of military weapons ever given to any foreign power in the history of the world.
coco, you crack me up :clap:
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

coco wrote: 13 Aug 2022, 12:16

Trump talked too much and accomplished nothing.

Biden managed all these accomplishments without uttering so much as an intelligible syllable!
mcommini
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by mcommini »

Del wrote: 13 Aug 2022, 09:44

The Ukraine scenario is well-understood. Trump was actively keeping Putin inside his borders, because we saw from the Obama years that Putin really wanted more of Ukraine after getting a taste of the Crimea.

Trump had America militarily strong and energy-independent. We were building the Keystone XL pipeline, which would unleash the power of Alaska and Canadian oil production. America could supply ourselves and plenty more to export to our allies.
Trump had sanctions preventing Putin from completing Nordstream II pipeline. Europe could rely on American oil and gas, and not be dependent upon Russian oil and gas.

Not to mention, Trump's threats had real teeth in them. Putin didn't dare to invade Ukraine, because that would risk some serious war against America. Plus NATO nations had all beefed up their own militaries, at Trump's insistence.

We have to give Trump credit for being the only President since WWII who didn't get America into a new conflict. He even de-escalated situations in North Korea and the Middle East. It was brilliant statesmanship, using friendly diplomacy and strong threats appropriately.
=====================

First day in office, Biden killed Keystone, sanctioned American energy, and lifted the sanctions against Putin's pipeline.

Putin finished his pipeline, securing Europe's dependence upon Russian energy. Even their beefed-up militaries were dependent upon Russian oil. So Putin invaded Ukraine, confident that Biden wasn't strong enough to push back.

Don't take my word for it. This was Ukrainian President Zelensky's very own analysis.
Nobody west of Poland understands the Ukraine scenario. Yet despite that, American government and "intelligence" has insisted on poking that particular steaming pile- including during Trump's time in office (the Patriarch of Constantinople has been in the American Intelligence pocket since shortly after WWII- seriously, read Patriarch Athenogoras's letters to the State Department at Orthodox History). America desperately needs someone to be a bad guy (because otherwise we realize that we are) and the Russians are perfect- they hit that Republican nostalgia for the Cold War era and for the leftists they don't carry any of the "problematic" "racist" aspects of picking a fight with Muslims or the Chinese (though it appears in their woke crusade they're getting closer to not being worried about the latter).

Meanwhile, Russia and Ukraine are basically doing what they've done since the Mongol invasions- Russia takes a little piece of the former Kyivan Rus empire back, waits for the outrage in the West to die down, then takes a little more. Eventually some Western power conquers part of Ukraine (in the past the claimed reason was to make Ukraine safe for Ukrainian Catholics, I suspect the next occupier will be making it safe for the EU Progressive religion) checking the Russian advance.

We (and especially the left) want this to be Germany invading Poland. At best, this is more akin to the moral quagmire and boundary trading of Israel and Palestine, but with all the added fun of the brother vs brother of our own Civil War.

Sorry, I've been off social media for a while and that rant has been building up with each news article and politician statement I've come across. I'll let the rest of you return to your Trumpolatry/Trumphobia :lol:
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

mcommini wrote: 13 Aug 2022, 13:05 Sorry, I've been off social media for a while and that rant has been building up with each news article and politician statement I've come across. I'll let the rest of you return to your Trumpolatry/Trumphobia :lol:
I know what you mean.

CPS is a great place for talking about the things that we are all thinking about, but no one in real boring life wants to talk about. And not just Dad jokes.
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

I am rather amazed at CPS. We've posted for two full pages about Donald Trump, rehashed the 2016 campaign, remembered some highlights about Trump's term in office.... and no one has mentioned the FBI raid on Mar-A-Lago this week.

The Raid on Mar-A-Lago has been a significant game-changer in Trump's favor.

Most Republican voters -- and even a lot of Trump's fans -- didn't really want to see him run again. He is a too much of a lightning rod, too easy to attack for being Trump. Out on the right-wing news sites like Daily Wire, most people like Trump -- but we wanted to see a DeSantis run. He's younger, less abrasive, but just as likely to lead like he means it and not be just a polite little squish like McCain or Romney or Bush.

But that mood has changed since the Raid. People want Trump back, just to see him clean up the DOJ with a bit of personal vengeance. Conservative voters suddenly want a real wrecking ball.

I kinda hope and expect this mood will calm down, but the elite Democrats really seem to want Donald to run. I think they believe he can be beaten easier than a cool guy like DeSantis.
gaining_age
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by gaining_age »

Del wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 06:12
Most Republican voters -- and even a lot of Trump's fans -- didn't really want to see him run again.
Yes...

He'll be 78 at next election.... we already have a 78 year old in office.. please let's not do this again.
People want Trump back...
Noooo.....

He did quite a few accomplishments but was unable to campaign upon them previously. He's still taking everything personally and his "you and Obama messed everything up" was his key message at a debate in 2020 rather than "here's what I've done". He may have more momentum in saying "this is how you're still messing things up" but that dog has run it's course.

He's rather a mess and I don't want the pendulum to swing from one mess to another for a presidential leadership. You clean things up.. you clean things out.. but you don't keep shouting about how messed up things are. He didn't do that with election (accept defeat and work to change the system-- not gripe and get people riled up) and he isn't/didn't do that with the bureaucracies... FBI still kind of wound up... and Non Supreme Court Justice Merrick seems rather vindictive too... not a good picture of behavior for our administrative/executive branches.

The raid is a disaster and great politics... each side can pick their talking point and be right!
* He had files!
* They told us to put a lock on the door!.. we did... they knew we had it and we were complying!
* The files were top secret!
* He declassified the files!

Finger pointing galore... if you're not confused and waiting for next details for someone to sort out the file raid you're swayed by viewpoint (bias) or by biased media.

What a freakin' mess....

G.
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Post by Hugo Drax »

Capstan Blue in a Comoy's Blue Riband billiard.
Weenies are us.
gaining_age
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by gaining_age »

Autumn Evening in a CPS Rusty Canadian.