What Made You Happy Today

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
DLJake
Sunday School Superintendent

Post by DLJake »

JimVH wrote: 21 Sep 2022, 11:52 I’m sitting at a red light this morning and the 18-wheeler behind me creeps right up on my bumper and lays down on his horn. As my road rage switch starts to heat-up, my phone rings. It’s my grandson (HockeyBoy), the truck driver. We had a good laugh.

I have no idea where he learned to be such a smart a…
epic
Nothing destroys cowboy boots faster than mare's urine. - JimVH as published in Equine Quarterly September 2022
joegoat
The Naughty Grand Poobah
The Naughty Grand Poobah

Post by joegoat »

Grunting like Tim Allen in "Home Improvement" and hearing my eight month old son grunt back.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

joegoat wrote: 21 Sep 2022, 21:15 Grunting like Tim Allen in "Home Improvement" and hearing my eight month old son grunt back.
:lol: That’s sound parenting, right there.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

Hugo Drax wrote: 16 Sep 2022, 17:25 Spent the night in the Laurel Highlands with friends and then shot Olympic, Wobble, and Double Trap as well as five stand this morning. Home by noon.

Had really good mojo pork from a new-to-me cuban joint for dinner.

Opened a package containing a used copy of Clarissa and The Countryman I had purchased only to discover its signed by Clarissa Dickson Wright and Sir Johnny Scott. Super cool little thing.

The Lord has made a perfect world and its a shame imperfect me doesn't notice it more.
I own two of Clarissa's books, "Comfort Foods" and "Clarissa's England". Neither is signed.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

I found a leftover baked potato in the fridge this morning.
I'll make Potatoes O'Brien out of it for breakfast.
Just thinking about Potatoes O'Brien makes me happy.
Hugo Drax

Post by Hugo Drax »

Reading the last post. Any man that finds joy in a cold baked potato is a man that's worth knowing.

Here I was cruising the web and pondering stupid purchases.

Thanks for hitting my reset button, Hov.
Weenies are us.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

On a video call with the boss just now from my home office. I had to leave my seat to clear a printer error and he saw my 6 year old bonded leather chair that's gone to s***, so he says "Hey, give yourself a budget of $500 and go by yourself a new chair."

#Ilovemyjob
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

FredS wrote: 22 Sep 2022, 09:56 On a video call with the boss just now from my home office. I had to leave my seat to clear a printer error and he saw my 6 year old bonded leather chair that's gone to s***, so he says "Hey, give yourself a budget of $500 and go by yourself a new chair."

#Ilovemyjob
At least you were wearing pants. So you've got that going for you too.
Hugo Drax

Post by Hugo Drax »

About a month ago, I had a second french drain installed in my house. The work crew was pretty shitty and totally bodged the job in such a way I wouldn't have discovered it until I brought the finish guy in to clean the room. Called the contractor this Tuesday.

Job was finished today. Perfectly. Fellow went above and beyond to make it right and in 2022, that's not the way I was expecting this to go.

I'm recommending him to anyone in the area. Anybody can do the job right the first time. It takes a good man to fix it without question and come back that quickly!
Weenies are us.
Hugo Drax

Post by Hugo Drax »

sweetandsour wrote: 22 Sep 2022, 13:29 I'm currently reading a story from ~1947, about fishing in NY Harbor and ran across this line:

"Another species, the Baptist flounder, is caught in abundance but thrown back; it goes bad shortly after it comes out of the water, whence its name."
This made me happy. Do the jewfish next.
Weenies are us.