Christmas Trees Fresh Cut or Fake

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

I am liking the reading of these posts.

I failed to mention, that my wife starts thinking Christmas decorations about 5 AM the Friday after Thanksgiving. so all the Thanksgiving decorations come down and I haul them down to the basement and I haul the 18 totes(not kidding 18 of them) up to the living room and then haul all the empty totes back to the basement. The tree is usually selected on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

I remember from the old site, that JimVH has a house full of wreaths this time of year. We have wreaths on each of the 3 exterior doors. wreathes in every room of the house and in some rooms there are multiples...some old, some new and some that will be purchased during the decorating process...cause that's how she rolls

New Years is the end of it...and the totes come back up and then back down. The tree gets hauled to a park on the edge of the city limits, where the city chips them up into mulch and you can take as much of the mulch as you may need or want. If you don't show up on days that they are chipping there is little to no mulch left, it goes quick. So the trees are not waisted.
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

Our tree sat unadorned for a week and a half because I brought the wrong boxes of ornaments up. Three totes. None were right. I'm not playing that game all day, so there it sat until Mrs FredS finally went down to show me the box she wanted.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

Bloodhound wrote: 15 Dec 2022, 10:25 I remember from the old site, that JimVH has a house full of wreaths this time of year.
Strange thing. I fussed about the wreath process every year, but this year we haven't been able to do much and I kind of miss it.

Please don't tell Rita.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

Sorry to hear that...Hope she gets back to wreath hanging soon...praying
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD