Euthanasia

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Euthanasia

Post by Biff »

I read yesterday that the leading cause of death in Canada right now is euthanasia. I wonder if that includes death by mRNA? Either way, it's horrifying.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
Del
Usher
Usher

Euthanasia

Post by Del »

Biff wrote: 16 Dec 2022, 17:42 I read yesterday that the leading cause of death in Canada right now is euthanasia. I wonder if that includes death by mRNA? Either way, it's horrifying.
The most common cause of death in America and in Canada is abortion. By far.

I'm very discouraged that Canada has pushed another form of legalized killing into second place.
MrPiper
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Euthanasia

Post by MrPiper »

Del wrote: 16 Dec 2022, 18:20
Biff wrote: 16 Dec 2022, 17:42 I read yesterday that the leading cause of death in Canada right now is euthanasia. I wonder if that includes death by mRNA? Either way, it's horrifying.

I'm very discouraged that Canada has pushed another form of legalized killing into second place.
Just read an article about a man in Canada who was quite destitute and seeking a doctor (and I use the term loosely) who would approve his euthanasia. He just was tired of trying to get by. This is just so horrible.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Euthanasia

Post by Hovannes »

It's a disheartening development for those of us who had hoped that the 21st Century was going to be an improvement.
Del
Usher
Usher

Euthanasia

Post by Del »

Hovannes wrote: 16 Dec 2022, 21:26 It's a disheartening development for those of us who had hoped that the 21st Century was going to be an improvement.
Society has been steadily collapsing since you and I were boys. It has just accelerated over the last 15 years or so. We can see it, but we can't stop it.

The trick is to avoid despairing.

Keep your family close. Be an active part of your church and neighborhood community. Find an apostolate and be part of the rebuilding.

Hey -- did I mention that we have a committee together for establishing a new Chesterton Academy High School here in Madison?

There is already an established Catholic classical academy (started 17 years ago. Pipeson graduated there.) It is bursting at the seams after covid closed public schools and parents are freaked about about the woke teachers. So we are working with Dale and opening a second school on the other side of town. This is my apostolate.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Euthanasia

Post by Hovannes »

It's kind of like the disintegration of the Roman Empire which St Augustine describes in the first part of The City of God, isn't it?
Yohanan
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Euthanasia

Post by Yohanan »

MrPiper wrote: 16 Dec 2022, 18:39
Del wrote: 16 Dec 2022, 18:20

Just read an article about a man in Canada who was quite destitute and seeking a doctor (and I use the term loosely) who would approve his euthanasia. He just was tired of trying to get by. This is just so horrible.
Please forgive me, but I wonder if the man wanted to go, or if the doctor decided for him? Next thing you know, it will be Death Panels, then on to Soylent Green, just me thinking (if that's possible) outloud.
***Smoke What You Like, and Like What You Smoke, No Matter What Anyone Else Thinks!!!***
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Euthanasia

Post by jmg »

I listened to a story about about a Canadian paralympian and army veteran who had been trying to get a stair lift for her house for a long time. She had not been getting anywhere with the socialized medical care they have. During one of the calls the "health" worker had asked her that since her quality of life wasn't good, had she considered assisted suicide.

How terribly evil this all is!
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Euthanasia

Post by jmg »

jmg wrote: 18 Dec 2022, 16:50 I listened to a story about about a Canadian paralympian and army veteran who had been trying to get a stair lift for her house for a long time. She had not been getting anywhere with the socialized medical care they have. During one of the calls the "health" worker had asked her that since her quality of life wasn't good, had she considered assisted suicide.
A Paralympic army veteran has claimed government officials in Canada offered to giver her euthanasia equipment when she was pushing to have a stairlift installed in her home.

Christine Gauthier, a retired corporal who competed at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Paralympics told a committee that a veteran affairs case worker offered in writing to supply her with an assisted suicide kit.

Three other disabled veteran are believed to have been offered the same equipment, according to Global News.
Guess it's cheaper to kill someone than help buy them buy a stair lift. How terribly evil this all is!
Last edited by jmg on 19 Dec 2022, 07:25, edited 1 time in total.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Euthanasia

Post by tuttle »

jmg wrote: 18 Dec 2022, 16:50 ...the "health" worker had asked her that since her quality of life wasn't good, had she considered assisted suicide.

How terribly evil this all is!
This is essentially the exact same 'advice' we were given during the pregnancy with our daughter with spina bifida. During our meeting with the hospital's 'genetic counseling' the first question she asked was 'Will you be terminating the pregnancy?', the second question was 'Are you sure?'.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion