What Are You Up To

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

What Are You Up To

Post by jmg »

joegoat wrote: 30 Apr 2022, 00:12
jmg wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 21:16 Trying to decide if I'm going to burn a huge brush pile tomorrow. It will probably burn for at least two days. Limbs will go quickly, stumps will smolder.
Do it! Fire is good!
Watching one pile burn now. I've got an even bigger one left. I'm going to let this one burn down for another hour or two and if the wind is still good I'll light the other one and push it back into this first one as it burns down.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

What Are You Up To

Post by jmg »

JimVH wrote: 30 Apr 2022, 06:17 We slept in - a rare treat. I’m still horizontal with a 9 pound dog asleep across my legs. I don’t even care that I’m not getting anything done.
Days like that are a needed luxury once in a while.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
joegoat
The Naughty Grand Poobah
The Naughty Grand Poobah

What Are You Up To

Post by joegoat »

Spent the day working on this Gravely model L cutaway. My wife poked her head in the garage to see if I needed anything this evening. Ding ding! Great wife! I asked for a beer, she brought it. Ding ding! Great wife! I told her to take a look at this. She entered the garage and admitted it looked good. There was a silence. I admired my masterpiece, she was thinking. Ugh oh! She broke the silence, "This is coming in the house isn't it?" She's still onboard, but doesn't see the art that I do. This may be The Old Man and the leg lamp scenario being played out.
Attachments
IMG_20220504_203542225.jpg
IMG_20220504_203542225.jpg (1.87 MiB) Viewed 671 times
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

What Are You Up To

Post by Biff »

joegoat wrote: 04 May 2022, 19:57 Spent the day working on this Gravely model L cutaway. My wife poked her head in the garage to see if I needed anything this evening. Ding ding! Great wife! I asked for a beer, she brought it. Ding ding! Great wife! I told her to take a look at this. She entered the garage and admitted it looked good. There was a silence. I admired my masterpiece, she was thinking. Ugh oh! She broke the silence, "This is coming in the house isn't it?" She's still onboard, but doesn't see the art that I do. This may be The Old Man and the leg lamp scenario being played out.
Turn it into a coffee table. Babes love coffee tables.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

What Are You Up To

Post by JimVH »

Went to a tribute show tonight: Sinatra, Martin, Humperdinck, and Jones - all by the same performer - and he nailed them all. It was a blast.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
joegoat
The Naughty Grand Poobah
The Naughty Grand Poobah

What Are You Up To

Post by joegoat »

Biff wrote: 04 May 2022, 20:42
joegoat wrote: 04 May 2022, 19:57 Spent the day working on this Gravely model L cutaway. My wife poked her head in the garage to see if I needed anything this evening. Ding ding! Great wife! I asked for a beer, she brought it. Ding ding! Great wife! I told her to take a look at this. She entered the garage and admitted it looked good. There was a silence. I admired my masterpiece, she was thinking. Ugh oh! She broke the silence, "This is coming in the house isn't it?" She's still onboard, but doesn't see the art that I do. This may be The Old Man and the leg lamp scenario being played out.
That would make it hard to turn the crank and watch everything move. It will be displayed on a cabinet top so she gets some storage out of the deal.

Turn it into a coffee table. Babes love coffee tables.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)
JudgeRusty
Sunday School Student

What Are You Up To

Post by JudgeRusty »

Trying to tie some flies after a long time away from the bench.
I want to try some Clouser Minnows for bass in my pond.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

What Are You Up To

Post by FredS »

Nice clousers Judge.

If you find you're dredging the bottom (or whacking yourself in the back of the head), and you don't want to be, you can try using bead chain eyes instead of the heavier dumbbell eyes. Your wife will never notice the shorter chain on the ceiling fan.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
JudgeRusty
Sunday School Student

What Are You Up To

Post by JudgeRusty »

FredS wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 13:55 Nice clousers Judge.

If you find you're dredging the bottom (or whacking yourself in the back of the head), and you don't want to be, you can try using bead chain eyes instead of the heavier dumbbell eyes. Your wife will never notice the shorter chain on the ceiling fan.
No close up pictures. Very ragged job as 1- I am seriously out of practice; and 2- I never got much good at it to begin with.

These are on #4 hooks in hopes of catching some largemouths.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

What Are You Up To

Post by sweetandsour »

Del wrote: 12 Apr 2022, 06:11 Recent weeks: Growing a beard.

Currently Working on: my log-in and profiles settings.

I should be: preparing for a big job interview this afternoon.
Hope the interview went well. Did you get the job?
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.