LOTR: The Rings of Power

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent
Posts: 669
Joined: 17 Apr 2022, 06:59
Has thanked: 163 times
Been thanked: 207 times

LOTR: The Rings of Power

Post by Hugo Drax »

May the Lord bless us and keep us because we're clearly boned on our own.
Weenies are us.
User avatar
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher
Posts: 424
Joined: 08 Apr 2022, 05:21
Location: Middle-west
Has thanked: 213 times
Been thanked: 90 times
Contact:

LOTR: The Rings of Power

Post by tuttle »

Hugo Drax wrote: 19 Jan 2023, 07:15 May the Lord bless us and keep us because we're clearly boned on our own.
Image

same energy
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
User avatar
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face
Posts: 524
Joined: 08 Apr 2022, 15:35
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 152 times

LOTR: The Rings of Power

Post by jmg »

Biff wrote: 15 Jan 2023, 21:23 FTR - there are no niggers in LOTR
Gentlemen, I've requested by private message that Biff remove this post, and his second post stating the same thing but in all caps. I never got a reply. I talked with a second CPS member who agreed with me that it is, at the very least, not becoming of the image a Christian group should be presenting. This member also wrote Biff requesting the removal of the post. However, he also received no reply.

I'm trying to handle this as biblically as I can, and in doing so I now am bringing this publicly. I really do think this post should be removed. It's not something I want to be associated with and not something I think our group as a whole should be either.

This was a bizarre occurrence in my opinion that seems very out of character for Biff, given my interactions with him. I told him that I honestly thought that the Troubadour fella had hacked into his account and wrote that.

So, to put it plainly, I am requesting that Biff's comment be removed. That's it. Nothing further.
Last edited by jmg on 11 Feb 2023, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
User avatar
Del
Usher
Usher
Posts: 2629
Joined: 11 Apr 2022, 22:08
Location: Madison, WI
Has thanked: 220 times
Been thanked: 344 times

LOTR: The Rings of Power

Post by Del »

I concur with the removals, please. We don't want that to show up on any stranger's search of the internet.

Nothing good can come of it.
User avatar
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face
Posts: 524
Joined: 08 Apr 2022, 15:35
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 152 times

LOTR: The Rings of Power

Post by jmg »

jmg wrote: 11 Feb 2023, 11:47
Biff wrote: 15 Jan 2023, 21:23 FTR - there are no niggers in LOTR
Gentlemen, I've requested by private message that Biff remove this post, and his second post stating the same thing but in all caps. I never got a reply. I talked with a second CPS member who agreed with me that it is, at the very least, not becoming of the image a Christian group should be presenting. This member also wrote Biff requesting the removal of the post. However, he also received no reply.

I'm trying to handle this as biblically as I can, and in doing so I now am bringing this publicly. I really do think this post should be removed. It's not something I want to be associated with and not something I think our group as a whole should be either.

This was a bizarre occurrence in my opinion that seems very out of character for Biff, given my interactions with him. I told him that I honestly thought that the Troubadour fella had hacked into his account and wrote that.

So, to put it plainly, I am requesting that Biff's comment be removed. That's it. Nothing further.
Bump.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
User avatar
jruegg
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher
Posts: 119
Joined: 02 Feb 2023, 10:58
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 22 times

LOTR: The Rings of Power

Post by jruegg »

jmg wrote: 12 Feb 2023, 10:17
jmg wrote: 11 Feb 2023, 11:47
Biff wrote: 15 Jan 2023, 21:23 FTR - there are no niggers in LOTR
Gentlemen, I've requested by private message that Biff remove this post, and his second post stating the same thing but in all caps. I never got a reply. I talked with a second CPS member who agreed with me that it is, at the very least, not becoming of the image a Christian group should be presenting. This member also wrote Biff requesting the removal of the post. However, he also received no reply.

I'm trying to handle this as biblically as I can, and in doing so I now am bringing this publicly. I really do think this post should be removed. It's not something I want to be associated with and not something I think our group as a whole should be either.

This was a bizarre occurrence in my opinion that seems very out of character for Biff, given my interactions with him. I told him that I honestly thought that the Troubadour fella had hacked into his account and wrote that.

So, to put it plainly, I am requesting that Biff's comment be removed. That's it. Nothing further.
Bump.
I don't shock easily. At least I don't think I do. But this is rather shocking to me as it's completely unbecoming of someone who claims Jesus Christ is their Lord. Perhaps that doesn't describe Biff anymore? I've been gone a long time. Either way, I fully concur with JMG whether my opinion holds any weight or not.
Image
User avatar
Wosbald
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent
Posts: 932
Joined: 15 Nov 2022, 10:50
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 55 times

LOTR: The Rings of Power

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+

Orlando Bloom talks The Rings of Power: "It was really courageous"

Image

Image
(Credit: SEAC/Amazon)

The actor, known for playing Legolas, is "looking forward to more".

Orlando Bloom has weighed in on Prime Video's ambitious The Lord of the Rings prequel series, having risen to fame in the cast of Peter Jackson's earlier adaptation of Middle-earth.

The actor became known for playing elven archer Legolas in the trilogy of films released at the start of the millennium, later reprising the role for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and its 2014 sequel.

[…]

Speaking exclusively to RadioTimes.com ahead of the launch of Carnival Row season 2, which also airs on Prime Video, Bloom said that he "loved" seeing a fresh take on the beloved fantasy saga.

"I had missed Tolkien," he said. "I had missed Tolkien's mind and I’d missed his world and I’d missed his vision — and I think they just stepped back into Tolkien's world. I thought it was really courageous.

"It’s not an easy thing to take on another version of something that had such a remarkable run of its own, but I thought it was really admirable; the casting, the story and the way they approached the world. … I'm looking forward to more of it."

Image
Nazanin Boniadi as Bronwyn, Tyroe Muhafidin as Theo, Ismael Cruz Córdova as Arondir, Charlie Vickers as Halbrand in The Rings of Power. (Credit: Ben Rothstein/Prime Video)

The Rings of Power has already been renewed for season 2, which is filming now, with the intention being for the show to run for a total of five — with the final shot already decided on by the show's head creatives.

Bloom added: "Peter [Jackson] did an amazing job, obviously, with The Lord of the Rings and we got to play these great characters. But they've kind of gone back and gone, ‘Look, these characters still exist in this world and we can show you other aspects of them’.

"I was like, ‘Cool, I'm down for that!’"

Last year, Bloom shared an Instagram photo of himself and The Rings of Power star Ismael Cruz Córdova, which was captioned mellon, an Elvish term for "friend" in the Sindarin language.

Fans interpreted this as a show of solidarity with Córdova, who had been the victim of racist trolling since signing onto The Rings of Power, with several other members of the cast also being targeted.

In an Instagram post, Córdova responded to the abuse: "I’ve continued this quest in the hope that I would make it at least a little bit easier for someone else. And perhaps inspire at least one person to do the same.

"In there I kept my Elven dream alive. And here I am. Black, Latino, Puerto Rican, proud, and Elven AF."


Image
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter
Posts: 1322
Joined: 10 Aug 2022, 08:34
Has thanked: 433 times
Been thanked: 219 times

LOTR: The Rings of Power

Post by Hovannes »

I approve of Towers of Onion Rings, as long as they are real onion rings
Image
User avatar
jruegg
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher
Posts: 119
Joined: 02 Feb 2023, 10:58
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 22 times

LOTR: The Rings of Power

Post by jruegg »

jruegg wrote: 14 Feb 2023, 11:49
jmg wrote: 12 Feb 2023, 10:17
jmg wrote: 11 Feb 2023, 11:47

Gentlemen, I've requested by private message that Biff remove this post, and his second post stating the same thing but in all caps. I never got a reply. I talked with a second CPS member who agreed with me that it is, at the very least, not becoming of the image a Christian group should be presenting. This member also wrote Biff requesting the removal of the post. However, he also received no reply.

I'm trying to handle this as biblically as I can, and in doing so I now am bringing this publicly. I really do think this post should be removed. It's not something I want to be associated with and not something I think our group as a whole should be either.

This was a bizarre occurrence in my opinion that seems very out of character for Biff, given my interactions with him. I told him that I honestly thought that the Troubadour fella had hacked into his account and wrote that.

So, to put it plainly, I am requesting that Biff's comment be removed. That's it. Nothing further.
Bump.
I don't shock easily. At least I don't think I do. But this is rather shocking to me as it's completely unbecoming of someone who claims Jesus Christ is their Lord. Perhaps that doesn't describe Biff anymore? I've been gone a long time. Either way, I fully concur with JMG whether my opinion holds any weight or not.
Image
User avatar
Wosbald
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent
Posts: 932
Joined: 15 Nov 2022, 10:50
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 55 times

LOTR: The Rings of Power

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+

"Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power" Continues to Add to the Cast

Image

Image
Credit: Emma McIntyre | Gareth Cattermole | Ian Gavan / Stringer (Getty Images)

Three new actors are joining Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power for season two of the Amazon Prime show.

Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power announced three new cast-members for the second season of the Tolkien-inspired series today on Twitter. Ciarán Hinds, an Oscar-nominated actor (for Belfast in 2021), who is known for playing Julius Caesar on the HBO series Rome, among numerous other roles, Rory Kinnear (Men, Penny Dreadful), and Tanya Moodie who is primarily a stage actor but has appeared on Motherlands and The Clinic.

It is not clear what roles they will be playing. The three actors add to an already full cast of 23 series regulars, and the announcement comes after eight additional casting announcements were revealed in early December of last year. The sheer amount of actors involved in this project is not exactly comforting, as one of the big critiques of season one was that the disparate storylines felt disconnected and the larger plot fell by the wayside.

[…]


Image
Post Reply