Dual pane windows, part two.

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

Slowly we're getting all our windows upgraded.
For our first window rodeo we replaced the three West facing windows in the laundry room, kitchen and dinette.
This time around we're replacing the living room slider(which plumb wore out after 43 years) and one window in the living room.
This is pretty exciting for me because this means a lot to my bride.
Improvements (especially long overdue improvements) to the house makes her happy, and she deserves it. :D
of course we'll need new window treatmentsImage
In 11 months I figure I'll have it paid off.
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

We are still a few years away from remodeling everything that will have been neglected for 30 years.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

Dual pane, insulated windows are my favorite upgrade we've done to our home. They are so quite we slept through the fire trucks and scene noise when my neighbor's house caught fire.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

The big thing here in CA is solar panels because of all the electricity AC uses, but I figure there's no point in cooling air if a lot of it leaks out through the windows(or does the heat leak in?), So it's dual pane windows first.
At least that's my thought. I could be mistaken.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

Hovannes wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 09:40 The big thing here in CA is solar panels because of all the electricity AC uses, but I figure there's no point in cooling air if a lot of it leaks out through the windows(or does the heat leak in?), So it's dual pane windows first.
That makes sense. They helped reduce my electricity consumption.

I heard on a news report this morning that CA is starting to back off some of the credits and exemptions for solar conversions? Will that impact anything you're planning?
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

JimVH wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 09:50
Hovannes wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 09:40 The big thing here in CA is solar panels because of all the electricity AC uses, but I figure there's no point in cooling air if a lot of it leaks out through the windows(or does the heat leak in?), So it's dual pane windows first.
That makes sense. They helped reduce my electricity consumption.

I heard on a news report this morning that CA is starting to back off some of the credits and exemptions for solar conversions? Will that impact anything you're planning?
From what I understand it will limit the cost of excess electricity that can be sold back to the power company, so it will likely have more of an effect on agricultural and industrial users than homeowners.