Memento Mori

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Memento Mori

Post by coco »

This is an incredible audio system:

About 1.75 million dollars. He built the speakers himself, and put enough hours of labor into them to be 2.7 years full-time.

Anything of this world will fail to satisfy us for all eternity. Sadly, this guy only got to enjoy his stereo for a couple of years after finishing it.

Memento mori.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Memento Mori

Post by Biff »

coco wrote: 27 Jan 2023, 15:30 This is an incredible audio system:

About 1.75 million dollars. He built the speakers himself, and put enough hours of labor into them to be 2.7 years full-time.

Anything of this world will fail to satisfy us for all eternity. Sadly, this guy only got to enjoy his stereo for a couple of years after finishing it.

Memento mori.
Are we not going to discuss the three grandfather clocks? I wonder if they were all in sync.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Memento Mori

Post by coco »

Biff wrote: 27 Jan 2023, 15:35
coco wrote: 27 Jan 2023, 15:30 This is an incredible audio system:

Memento mori.
Are we not going to discuss the three grandfather clocks? I wonder if they were all in sync.
Somewhere in the video, he mentions building clocks as another passion. There is an unfinished clock in the record storage room on top of a bunch of crates.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
Del
Usher
Usher

Memento Mori

Post by Del »

I do hope that he enjoyed listening to it as much as he enjoyed building it all.
joegoat
The Naughty Grand Poobah
The Naughty Grand Poobah

Memento Mori

Post by joegoat »

A true craftsman! He earned every second that he got to enjoy the results. Every time he turned it on, he relived the entire project. The good hours and bad hours spent working on it trickled through his mind and made him smile.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)