Flight Formations at the Football games?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

OK so I watched the NFC and AFC Championship games yesterday. During the national anthem at the NFC game the planes flew over the stadium in a closed diamond formation. Then during the national anthem at the AFC game, the planes flew over in a missing man formation...I wondered why the difference. I also noted that Anita Baker sang the national anthem at the NFC game. But the Anthem was sung by US Navy Veteran Generald Wilson. I wondered if that had anything to do with the formations flown.

Does anybody know or have a thought?
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

I don't know anything specific. Both patriotic displays were beautiful and dignified. Differences are likely due to the personal attitudes and preferences of the persons or committees who organized the celebrations. Or perhaps the military liaison command wanted to do both -- one strong and optimistic, the other mindful of those who sacrificed.

As a side note: I am unable to avoid tearing and choking up during a Missing Man flight formation. I have to grab a tissue, just to type this.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

Don't know about the formations, but I never let a lack of knowledge inform my posting, so - - -

When I lived in KC, my house was directly under the flight path of B2 ("Stealth") Bombers that flew from Whiteman AFB to Arrowhead stadium. It was pretty cool. I'm sure tuttle gets the flyovers too. Before the Chiefs had the greatest player to ever play the game it was easy to forget about the team, but the flyover was a reminder that "there must be a home game today". Those things can come in slow and silent, but when they hit the juice it's awesomely loud.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

I read an article that IDed the unit at Arrowhead, that called the Four A-10 Thunderbolt II aircrafts, The 'KC Hawgs'

The article said that they fly the Missing Man formation to remind the crowds and show respect and honor.

I'm good with that...like Del, I have to wipe a tear and clear my throat...nope I am not crying, its the stuffed jalapeños ... they are hot
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by tuttle »

FredS wrote: 30 Jan 2023, 10:59 Don't know about the formations, but I never let a lack of knowledge inform my posting, so - - -

When I lived in KC, my house was directly under the flight path of B2 ("Stealth") Bombers that flew from Whiteman AFB to Arrowhead stadium. It was pretty cool. I'm sure tuttle gets the flyovers too. Before the Chiefs had the greatest player to ever play the game it was easy to forget about the team, but the flyover was a reminder that "there must be a home game today". Those things can come in slow and silent, but when they hit the juice it's awesomely loud.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Post by coco »

FredS wrote: 30 Jan 2023, 10:59I never let a lack of knowledge inform my posting, so - - -
This is a saying worthy of full acceptance by all CPS members.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
JudgeRusty
Sunday School Student

Post by JudgeRusty »