Malachi Martin

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Malachi Martin

Post by tuttle »

I've only just become acquainted with Malachi Martin.

It seems he made a splash, both in culture (via the popculture exorcism craze of the 70s) and in the church, as one knowledgeable of the inner workings of the Vatican, who then became a vocal critic, though remained a Roman Catholic all his days.

Again, I'm largely unfamiliar with him but he seemed to be a lightning rod for controversy on some subjects and I was curious if my fellow pipesmokers of the Roman Catholic persuasion had any opinions about the man. (Of course share your opinions even if you aren't Roman Catholic, but I'll just give their opinions more weight ;) )
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Malachi Martin

Post by Biff »

tuttle wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 08:40 I've only just become acquainted with Malachi Martin.

It seems he made a splash, both in culture (via the popculture exorcism craze of the 70s) and in the church, as one knowledgeable of the inner workings of the Vatican, who then became a vocal critic, though remained a Roman Catholic all his days.

Again, I'm largely unfamiliar with him but he seemed to be a lightning rod for controversy on some subjects and I was curious if my fellow pipesmokers of the Roman Catholic persuasion had any opinions about the man. (Of course share your opinions even if you aren't Roman Catholic, but I'll just give their opinions more weight ;) )
I can remember when he made his big splash years ago - I regarded him (as I do with all sensational reporters) with some healthy doubt. Still do. It would 'lend weight' as you say if others came out to support his claims. If I recall correctly, few if any, did.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada: