What Are You Up To

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

What Are You Up To

Post by JimVH »

FredS wrote: 07 May 2022, 13:15
JimVH wrote: 07 May 2022, 12:25 Tying paracord zipper pulls. Survival bracelets for the neighbor kids are next.
That's cool. I have paracord zipper pulls on all my bags/packs. My fav is the rattlesnake knot that I use on the main zipper.

I wear a paracord bracelet too. Have to twist up a new one every few years. Now that I've looked at it, it looks like it's time for a new one. It's not the traditional style for a "survival" bracelet, but then if you wear them all the time (I do) the paracord gets hard as a rock and would never be good for anything if you unraveled it anyway.

You ever look at JD Lenzen's stuff at fusionknots . com or TyingItAllTogether on youtube?
I’ve done a couple of bracelets like yours and a few other buckleless styles, but the cobra knots with buckles are all I’m being asked for so far. I haven’t gotten very exotic, yet, but I’m having fun learning knots and figuring things out.

I remember some of the knots from jr high craft class making macrame plant holders and wall hangers. A couple of those still hang in my folks house.

I'm familiar with tying it all together, but not fusionknots. I’m about to check it out. Thanks for the heads up.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

What Are You Up To

Post by FredS »

JimVH wrote: 07 May 2022, 14:29 I remember some of the knots from jr high craft class making macrame plant holders and wall hangers. A couple of those still hang in my folks house.
Tell me you made an owl with big wood bead eyes on a stick.

I'm going to start calling you Hippy Jim if you don't mind.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

What Are You Up To

Post by JimVH »

FredS wrote: 07 May 2022, 17:25
JimVH wrote: 07 May 2022, 14:29 I remember some of the knots from jr high craft class making macrame plant holders and wall hangers. A couple of those still hang in my folks house.
Tell me you made an owl with big wood bead eyes on a stick.

I'm going to start calling you Hippy Jim if you don't mind.
Ha! Good guess. I made two: one for my mom and one for my 7th grade English teacher, Mrs. Wunderlich.

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

What Are You Up To

Post by JimVH »

I'm considering how to approach a plumbing repair. Do I take the manly approach and do it myself or do I call a plumber and avoid the four (or more) trips to the hardware store to buy parts and tools I either forgot or purchased in error?

coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

What Are You Up To

Post by coco »

Sneezing.

Allergies.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

What Are You Up To

Post by JimVH »

coco wrote: 10 May 2022, 05:58 Sneezing.

Allergies.
+4613.502

joegoat
The Naughty Grand Poobah
The Naughty Grand Poobah

What Are You Up To

Post by joegoat »

Feet up in front of the TV. 7 hours of mowing today. Got it all done! Even mowed the trail between my place and my neighbor's with one of the Gravely's.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent

What Are You Up To

Post by Hugo Drax »

About 5'6.

We're riddled with Covid in my house at the moment. Except for me, that is. I'm one bad motherclucker. No Hong Kong fluey gonna get me down.
Weenies are us.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

What Are You Up To

Post by Biff »

Hugo Drax wrote: 11 May 2022, 04:50 About 5'6.

We're riddled with Covid in my house at the moment. Except for me, that is. I'm one bad motherclucker. No Hong Kong fluey gonna get me down.
Are you doing any kind of prophylactic protocol?
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
Hugo Drax

What Are You Up To

Post by Hugo Drax »

Biff wrote: 11 May 2022, 07:50
Hugo Drax wrote: 11 May 2022, 04:50 About 5'6.

Are you doing any kind of prophylactic protocol?
Besides being cut from the loins of JC himself? Well, I'm not licking doorknobs or sleeping in the same room as the plague victims, I suppose. Otherwise it is hard to minimize contact with one's flesh and blood...sick kids want comfort, sick wives require someone to blame.

Que sera, sera. The spirit of fear was not given by God. We just have to deal with what comes. I expect in His providence I'll get it when the rest of them recover and I can see wisdom in that!
Weenies are us.