This can't be a good thing

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

https://www.foxnews.com/world/pentagon- ... ck-red-sea

We've been in a war for some time now. Will this finally get the Prez to admit it?
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

Indeed. Getting shot at is never a good thing.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

Hovannes wrote: 03 Dec 2023, 11:42 https://www.foxnews.com/world/pentagon- ... ck-red-sea

We've been in a war for some time now. Will this finally get the Prez to admit it?
I'm glad that Biden has not totally screwed this up yet, and I want to give him credit for doing something right.

The US needs to keep insisting that we are there for the sole purpose of ensuring that events in Israel do not escalate into broader war in the region.

Yes, the savages still hate us and dare to take pot-shots. Yes, we respond with superior force and destroy the bases that fire upon us. But we are not in a war. Keep saying that.

WE need to keep praying that those who hate us do not escalate their violence. And pray for our service men and women who are bravely standing in harm's way to keep the world safe.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

Del wrote: 04 Dec 2023, 08:21
Hovannes wrote: 03 Dec 2023, 11:42 https://www.foxnews.com/world/pentagon- ... ck-red-sea

I'm glad that Biden has not totally screwed this up yet, and I want to give him credit for doing something right.

The US needs to keep insisting that we are there for the sole purpose of ensuring that events in Israel do not escalate into broader war in the region.

Yes, the savages still hate us and dare to take pot-shots. Yes, we respond with superior force and destroy the bases that fire upon us. But we are not in a war. Keep saying that.

WE need to keep praying that those who hate us do not escalate their violence. And pray for our service men and women who are bravely standing in harm's way to keep the world safe.
Del, I really want to believe that we're not in a war yet, but I don't think the troops that suffered neurological damage from those rocket attacks on their bases would probably disagree. :(
If they aren't casualties, then what are they?
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

Hovannes wrote: 04 Dec 2023, 11:41
Del wrote: 04 Dec 2023, 08:21

Del, I really want to believe that we're not in a war yet, but I don't think the troops that suffered neurological damage from those rocket attacks on their bases would probably disagree. :(
If they aren't casualties, then what are they?
Korea and Viet Nam were never properly declared as "War." The diplomats like to avoid that word, in fear that WWIII will break out if they do.

Pray for our courageous Service men and women. Pray it does not escalate. Biden and Israel have done a great job of keeping this contained, thus far. But if Iran or China wants open war to break out, it only takes on side to start it.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

I remember asking my dad about WW2.
There was already a war going on and American flyers were flying sorties in China and US Navy ships were chasing U-boats in the N Atlantic long before
Pearl Harbor.
We were already at war (like right now) only the Press neglected to report on it until Pearl, but everyone knew something was happening, he said.

A few of patriotic young men, formerly members of our local BSA troop 223, are serving in Syria right now.
They and their families could use some prayers.
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Post by Hugo Drax »

None of this is a good thing. I cannot imagine for a moment that a Palestinian mother weeps any less nor any differently over her dead child than a Jewish mother weeping for the loss of her own child.

Pick sides all we want, the only hope for that region is the only hope for all of us: the peace, hope, and charity of Christian faith.

I abhor the whole damned thing.
Weenies are us.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

US Embassy in Iraq under mortar attack today.
https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-embass ... ing-attack
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

It's breaking out all over now---
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ve ... fa76&ei=27
If it acceptable to annex parts of neighboring nations---wait this started with Crimea, right? This is going to be like the Oklahoma Land Rush
on a global scale