On Tomatoes

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
joegoat
The Naughty Grand Poobah
The Naughty Grand Poobah

On Tomatoes

Post by joegoat »

Better Boys are what we get the best yields from. They work well for canned soup and salsa, sandwiches, salads, and eating straight from the vine.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

On Tomatoes

Post by jmg »

sweetandsour wrote: 03 Feb 2024, 05:21 This year I'm going with an Early Girl, some Better Boys, and a few Celebrity tomatoes.

What I need is a new roto-tiller, and a recommendation for one that will last longer than a couple of years. My last one was an on sale model from Tractor Supply, whatever brand it was, and it was junk. I took it to a shop and told them to keep it, if they would, and they did, for various parts.
Find you an old Gravely.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

On Tomatoes

Post by sweetandsour »

jmg wrote: 05 Feb 2024, 21:00
sweetandsour wrote: 03 Feb 2024, 05:21 This year I'm going with an Early Girl, some Better Boys, and a few Celebrity tomatoes.

What I need is a new roto-tiller, and a recommendation for one that will last longer than a couple of years. My last one was an on sale model from Tractor Supply, whatever brand it was, and it was junk. I took it to a shop and told them to keep it, if they would, and they did, for various parts.
Find you an old Gravely.
I wish I could.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
joegoat
The Naughty Grand Poobah
The Naughty Grand Poobah

On Tomatoes

Post by joegoat »

sweetandsour wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 05:22
jmg wrote: 05 Feb 2024, 21:00

Find you an old Gravely.
I wish I could.
I second the Gravely, but if they aren't common in your area, the rear tined Troy Built Horse and Pony tillers are strong units.

If you really want to drop some coin and have everyone in the neighborhood envy you, check out the BCS and Grillo units.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)