SOTU

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

SOTU

Post by coco »

That much Adderall is risky for a man his age.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
Del
Usher
Usher

SOTU

Post by Del »

SlowToke
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

SOTU

Post by SlowToke »

So much for being the unifier in chief that he promised. Unless he meant unify by forced submission.
SlowToke
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

SOTU

Post by SlowToke »

I watched the whole thing gritting my teeth. So many lies I could hardly stand it. I sure hope they do keep up with their current campaign strategy of attaching Christians and faith with this whole "Christian Nationalist" stuff. That's a losing strategy for sure as long as we can counter the massive election fraud.
Wosbald
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

SOTU

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+
SlowToke wrote: 09 Mar 2024, 19:51 I watched the whole thing gritting my teeth. So many lies I could hardly stand it. I sure hope they do keep up with their current campaign strategy of attaching Christians and faith with this whole "Christian Nationalist" stuff. That's a losing strategy for sure as long as we can counter the massive election fraud.
I don't think Xtian non-Nationalists are gonna be offended by an attack against Nationalists, whether against specifically Xian Nationalists (henceforth: "XNats") or not.

:confusion-shrug:

Del
Usher
Usher

SOTU

Post by Del »

Wosbald wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 09:24 +JMJ+

I don't think Xtian non-Nationalists are gonna be offended by an attack against Nationalists, whether against specifically Xian Nationalists (henceforth: "XNats") or not.

:confusion-shrug:
Christian Nationalists are like the Ku Klux Klan.

Except the KKK really did exist as a threat, at one time.

There has never been an ally of Republicans equivalent to the KKK or Antifa.
SlowToke
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

SOTU

Post by SlowToke »

I figured they mean it as some kind of Christian racist term. It's gaslighting patriotism and the idea that we should prioritize our own citizens first. They spin it to mean people that believe this think we should not be compassionate to the rest of the world which is generally not true. They don't care about the truth though, clearly.
Wosbald
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

SOTU

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+
SlowToke wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 18:00… It's gaslighting patriotism and the idea that we should prioritize our own citizens first. …
When it comes to Universal Human Rights, there is no prioritization. Rather, they apply to all equally.

Otherwise, they're not Universal.

:occasion-olympics:

Del
Usher
Usher

SOTU

Post by Del »

Wosbald wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 18:36 +JMJ+
SlowToke wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 18:00… It's gaslighting patriotism and the idea that we should prioritize our own citizens first. …
When it comes to Universal Human Rights, there is no prioritization. Rather, they apply to all equally.

That's like using "equity" to mean "equality" and ending up with injustice all around, with no one getting what they justly deserve.

(I hope the above makes sense to everyone. I am not fluent in wosbaldian jargon.)

As individual Christians, we have a moral duty to help those in need who are within our reach as best we can.

As a nation, the American government has the duty of care for Americans first.
As a secondary mission, the American government has a duty to avoid unnecessary harm to the people of other nations while performing their primary mission to serve and protect America.

Meanwhile, Biden's gaslighting is going to come back and bite him in the short term. His insistence that (pro-life) Christians (who prefer more legal immigration and less fentanyl) are a threat to democracy is not going to win his re-election.

But Democrats are not going to let go of this language, and we must prepare for more rhetoric leading to more persecution. He's already started with the SWAT-raid arrests of sidewalk counselors and covert surveillance of Latin Mass Catholics. This will escalate.
Wosbald
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

SOTU

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+
Del wrote: 11 Mar 2024, 11:38
Wosbald wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 18:36 When it comes to Universal Human Rights, there is no prioritization. Rather, they apply to all equally.

[…]

As a nation, the American government has the duty of care for Americans first.

[…]
That's the logic of Roe v. Wade.

Cuz the unborn are non-citizens and thus non-Americans, whereas the parents, being indeed Americans, get "prioritized".

:think: