The Camping Thread 2024 edition

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

For those contemplating Spring weather and outdoor adventures.

ChildOfGod
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by ChildOfGod »

My son's spring break is coming up. I've put in for vacation. I know we'll at least do a couple day-hikes, but I'd like to do an over-nighter with him if at all possible. I don't have much gear, but enough to get us by for one night.
Wishing you God's very best!
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

I'd like to go car camping during the brief time between mud, mosquitos, and pollen.
I'm not sure exactly where though.
It will have to be a solo trip as my son will be in Spain shooting a bicycle race.
ChildOfGod
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by ChildOfGod »

Hovannes wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 21:14 It will have to be a solo trip as my son will be in Spain shooting a bicycle race.
That's cool. I watch a bit of cycling. It's about the only sport I watch regularly. I do it to gain a bit of inspiration, but I do find it entertaining when the attacks start. I'm usually in the rears, and watching something that happened a few weeks ago - right now I'm working my way through Paris-Nice. What's the event your son will be at? I'm only familiar with La Vuelta and Volta a Catalunya in Spain, but I know there's others (just not televised in the US).
Wishing you God's very best!
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

I'll ask him the next time we get to talk. I've often wondered what it's like to sit rearward on a motorcycle.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

ChildOfGod wrote: 19 Mar 2024, 12:17
Hovannes wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 21:14 It will have to be a solo trip as my son will be in Spain shooting a bicycle race.
That's cool. I watch a bit of cycling. It's about the only sport I watch regularly. I do it to gain a bit of inspiration, but I do find it entertaining when the attacks start. I'm usually in the rears, and watching something that happened a few weeks ago - right now I'm working my way through Paris-Nice. What's the event your son will be at? I'm only familiar with La Vuelta and Volta a Catalunya in Spain, but I know there's others (just not televised in the US).
The first race on the schedule is the Traka Gravel Race
https://www.thetraka.com/