RIP BSA

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

RIP BSA

Post by Hovannes »

The Boy Scouts existed to give boys opportunities to mature into men. Baden-Powell recognized the need when he found his recruits, offsprings of the Industrial Revolution, lacked practical skills such a leadership, problem solving and woodcraft.

Now Scouting USA is apparently in business to give girls opportunities to mature into men.
Del
Deacon
Deacon

RIP BSA

Post by Del »

Didn't Boy Scouts just endure a terrible widespread child/sex abuse scandal?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Scout ... buse_cases

How is this going to help?
SlowToke
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

RIP BSA

Post by SlowToke »

To be honest, I'm surprised they have survived the last couple decades at all with the war on boys and men in general.
Del
Deacon
Deacon

RIP BSA

Post by Del »

SlowToke wrote: 08 May 2024, 20:39 To be honest, I'm surprised they have survived the last couple decades at all with the war on boys and men in general.
Boys aren't allowed to be boys anymore.

But girls are.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

RIP BSA

Post by Hovannes »

Del wrote: 09 May 2024, 06:02
SlowToke wrote: 08 May 2024, 20:39 To be honest, I'm surprised they have survived the last couple decades at all with the war on boys and men in general.

But girls are.
The tragic part of the story is that it's the adults in the room (woke BSA hierarchy) that plunged the dagger into the back of Scouting.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

RIP BSA

Post by FredS »

The primary reason I left cub scouts in favor of 4-H is that they had girls in 4-H. And yes, I dated some of them as a teenager. If scouting in the 60's had been bisexual I might have stayed.

Besides, I was lucky enough to pick up all the woodcraft and camping skills I've ever needed from my father. Except knots. I only know a half dozen so I end up using less-than-optimal knots in many situations.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Del
Deacon
Deacon

RIP BSA

Post by Del »

Hovannes wrote: 09 May 2024, 10:31
Del wrote: 09 May 2024, 06:02

But girls are.
The tragic part of the story is that it's the adults in the room (woke BSA hierarchy) that plunged the dagger into the back of Scouting.
Woke activists have infiltrated every natural and venerable institution. Metastasized like cancer.

Universities, schools, news, entertainment, corporations, churches, military, and one of the two major political parties (the more powerful and aggressive one). Not just in America -- they have assets high and deep in every Western European nation and the Vatican.

No surprise that they have taken over the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.

CPS is just a few refugees fleeing the walking dead.
SlowToke
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

RIP BSA

Post by SlowToke »

If we don't know what a woman is, we can't possibly know what a man is, I suppose.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

RIP BSA

Post by Hovannes »

FredS wrote: 09 May 2024, 12:24 The primary reason I left cub scouts in favor of 4-H is that they had girls in 4-H. And yes, I dated some of them as a teenager. If scouting in the 60's had been bisexual I might have stayed.

Besides, I was lucky enough to pick up all the woodcraft and camping skills I've ever needed from my father. Except knots. I only know a half dozen so I end up using less-than-optimal knots in many situations.
In our council, we had girl Explorers and even girl counselors at camp, just not in the troop units.
No problems I was aware of. Having girls in the troop units changed things. Our troop, one of the largest and most successful in this part of the state has hemorrhaged membership and bled out in short order. 223 is no more!
Who suffers are all the city kids who don't get to experience the outdoors, and the kids who don't get the chance at structured leadership.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

RIP BSA

Post by sweetandsour »

My father in law went to Philmont Scout Ranch from July 15 - August 15, 1945. I asked him how it would have been if one or two girls would have been along, and he very sternly replied, "I don't know".

There were nine boys from Texas, and nine from Nebraska, that made up his group, and they stayed mostly in pretty remote areas, camping and hiking. They rode a train to Trinidad CO, then took a bus to Raton NM, then a Ranch bus to the Philmont Scout Camp. While out on one camping and hiking trip, an Air Force plane dropped a box with parachute to them that was full of candy and snacks. On their arrival back to the train station in Trinidad, August 14 or 15th, the announcement was made that WWII had ended, with Japan's surrender. He says it was a moment that he's never forgotten; the entire train station went completely wild.

All of this is one hell of a memory, for a man that's now 94 years old. And how times sure have changed.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.