Absolutely useless facts about you nobody cares about

The part of the forum where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong here, will be moved here. Maybe.
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher
Posts: 316
Joined: 17 Apr 2022, 06:59
Has thanked: 88 times
Been thanked: 86 times

Absolutely useless facts about you nobody cares about

Post by Hugo Drax »

Mama and eldest daughter bicker like they're both in eighth grade.

I'm going to take both their phones away.
User avatar
FredS
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent
Posts: 504
Joined: 08 Apr 2022, 06:05
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 87 times

Absolutely useless facts about you nobody cares about

Post by FredS »

DL's saga of unwanted deliveries reminds me of a dirty trick that was played on me 30ish years ago when I left a job in SC to take a better one back home. In ye olde days (pre-internet) trade magazines included a card that listed numerical references to every ad in that issue. One could circle those of interest and mail or fax the card to the mag and they'd pass on your interest to their advertisers. Somebody (pretty sure it was my old boss but, to this day, he won't admit to it) circled a bunch and submitted it with my name and the address of my new employer. I received dozens and dozens of fliers, catalogs, and letters at my new job over the course of my first few weeks there. The girls in the office were not happy with me.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher
Posts: 316
Joined: 17 Apr 2022, 06:59
Has thanked: 88 times
Been thanked: 86 times

Absolutely useless facts about you nobody cares about

Post by Hugo Drax »

sweetandsour wrote: 07 Sep 2022, 18:26
DLJake wrote: 07 Sep 2022, 15:53
DLJake wrote: 02 Sep 2022, 17:41 I recently received on my door step 40 pounds of coffee in various flavors and sizes of containers.

It's Keto Coffee. 40 pounds of Keto Coffee in 4 different flavors.

Killed the charge on the credit card.

Asked the shipper to send me a return shipping label so they would not be out of product and cash. Crickets.

How long do I need to wait until I just chuck it all into the trash?
Following up on this item.
The ManBun Coffee Company place was not interested in sending me a return label. 40 pounds of keto flavored coffee lie in 2 boxes in my kitchen.

Yesterday, delivery of Real Estate educational booklets. Already knew it'd be too much of a bend up to try and return. Besides, it's paid for educational junk. I leave it wrapped and toss it into a paper recycle can and my conscience is clean.

Today, I was able to get a return label for:


Image

Image

Image
So, whoever has your ID has ordered specialty coffee, real estate materials, and hemp based sleep aids. I'm trying to picture a trend here.
Revenge of the Biff!!
User avatar
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof
Posts: 598
Joined: 05 Apr 2022, 17:26
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Absolutely useless facts about you nobody cares about

Post by Biff »

Hugo Drax wrote: 08 Sep 2022, 06:39
sweetandsour wrote: 07 Sep 2022, 18:26
DLJake wrote: 07 Sep 2022, 15:53

Following up on this item.
The ManBun Coffee Company place was not interested in sending me a return label. 40 pounds of keto flavored coffee lie in 2 boxes in my kitchen.

Yesterday, delivery of Real Estate educational booklets. Already knew it'd be too much of a bend up to try and return. Besides, it's paid for educational junk. I leave it wrapped and toss it into a paper recycle can and my conscience is clean.

Today, I was able to get a return label for:


Image

Image

Image
So, whoever has your ID has ordered specialty coffee, real estate materials, and hemp based sleep aids. I'm trying to picture a trend here.
Revenge of the Biff!!
Take that, glitter fairy!
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
User avatar
DLJake
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher
Posts: 260
Joined: 09 Apr 2022, 18:05
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Absolutely useless facts about you nobody cares about

Post by DLJake »

sweetandsour wrote: 07 Sep 2022, 18:26
DLJake wrote: 07 Sep 2022, 15:53
DLJake wrote: 02 Sep 2022, 17:41 I recently received on my door step 40 pounds of coffee in various flavors and sizes of containers.

It's Keto Coffee. 40 pounds of Keto Coffee in 4 different flavors.

Killed the charge on the credit card.

Asked the shipper to send me a return shipping label so they would not be out of product and cash. Crickets.

How long do I need to wait until I just chuck it all into the trash?
Following up on this item.
The ManBun Coffee Company place was not interested in sending me a return label. 40 pounds of keto flavored coffee lie in 2 boxes in my kitchen.

Yesterday, delivery of Real Estate educational booklets. Already knew it'd be too much of a bend up to try and return. Besides, it's paid for educational junk. I leave it wrapped and toss it into a paper recycle can and my conscience is clean.

Today, I was able to get a return label for:


Image

Image

Image
So, whoever has your ID has ordered specialty coffee, real estate materials, and hemp based sleep aids. I'm trying to picture a trend here.
Each shipper was in Colorado.
[ this section is under review ]
User avatar
DLJake
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher
Posts: 260
Joined: 09 Apr 2022, 18:05
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Absolutely useless facts about you nobody cares about

Post by DLJake »

Hugo Drax wrote: 08 Sep 2022, 06:39
sweetandsour wrote: 07 Sep 2022, 18:26
DLJake wrote: 07 Sep 2022, 15:53

Following up on this item.
The ManBun Coffee Company place was not interested in sending me a return label. 40 pounds of keto flavored coffee lie in 2 boxes in my kitchen.

Yesterday, delivery of Real Estate educational booklets. Already knew it'd be too much of a bend up to try and return. Besides, it's paid for educational junk. I leave it wrapped and toss it into a paper recycle can and my conscience is clean.

Today, I was able to get a return label for:


Image

Image

Image
So, whoever has your ID has ordered specialty coffee, real estate materials, and hemp based sleep aids. I'm trying to picture a trend here.
Revenge of the Biff!!
*snort
[ this section is under review ]
User avatar
DLJake
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher
Posts: 260
Joined: 09 Apr 2022, 18:05
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Absolutely useless facts about you nobody cares about

Post by DLJake »

sweetandsour wrote: 07 Sep 2022, 18:27 I have my own personal stash of Lorna Doone cookies.
Do tell.
[ this section is under review ]
User avatar
DLJake
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher
Posts: 260
Joined: 09 Apr 2022, 18:05
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Absolutely useless facts about you nobody cares about

Post by DLJake »

FredS wrote: 08 Sep 2022, 06:01 DL's saga of unwanted deliveries reminds me of a dirty trick that was played on me 30ish years ago when I left a job in SC to take a better one back home. In ye olde days (pre-internet) trade magazines included a card that listed numerical references to every ad in that issue. One could circle those of interest and mail or fax the card to the mag and they'd pass on your interest to their advertisers. Somebody (pretty sure it was my old boss but, to this day, he won't admit to it) circled a bunch and submitted it with my name and the address of my new employer. I received dozens and dozens of fliers, catalogs, and letters at my new job over the course of my first few weeks there. The girls in the office were not happy with me.
GOLD
[ this section is under review ]
User avatar
GaryInVA
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher
Posts: 202
Joined: 08 Apr 2022, 13:57
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Absolutely useless facts about you nobody cares about

Post by GaryInVA »

DLJake wrote: 08 Sep 2022, 16:32
FredS wrote: 08 Sep 2022, 06:01 DL's saga of unwanted deliveries reminds me of a dirty trick that was played on me 30ish years ago when I left a job in SC to take a better one back home. In ye olde days (pre-internet) trade magazines included a card that listed numerical references to every ad in that issue. One could circle those of interest and mail or fax the card to the mag and they'd pass on your interest to their advertisers. Somebody (pretty sure it was my old boss but, to this day, he won't admit to it) circled a bunch and submitted it with my name and the address of my new employer. I received dozens and dozens of fliers, catalogs, and letters at my new job over the course of my first few weeks there. The girls in the office were not happy with me.
GOLD
I was in charge of a weekend building services crew during my college days at Liberty. We found a Maxim magazine on campus with one of those interest cards in it. We filled it out for a guy on the crew who had just gotten married to this sweet Christian young lady. We circled everything available on that card. He got literature, samples, and catalogs for the next 6 months.

She was not amused.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein
User avatar
FredS
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent
Posts: 504
Joined: 08 Apr 2022, 06:05
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 87 times

Absolutely useless facts about you nobody cares about

Post by FredS »

FredS: Hey Drew Holcomb (one of Mrs FredS's favs) is playing in Denver in a few weeks. The National Parks (that's a band, another of her favs) is opening. On a Saturday night even. Wanna go?

Mrs FredS: I already bought tickets.

FredS: Really?

Mrs FredS: Yes, really. We talked about this.

FredS: I don't remember that, but hey, I guess it shows how much I love you that I - on my own - went to the trouble to find some of your favorite bands playing locally.

Mrs FredS: :angry-tappingfoot:
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Post Reply