Texas Chili contest

The part of the forum where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong here, will be moved here. Maybe.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Texas Chili contest

Post by JimVH »

Bloodhound wrote: 18 Oct 2022, 15:49 I like to use this mix to get things started...then I add a cup of strong coffee, Rotel, and fire roasted garlic crushed tomatoes and ground pork and ground beef and there is a spice shop in town that blends "Black Canyon Chili Spice" so some of that goes in with the browned meat...oh and I like beans in the chili so...

Yes I know there are some that don't want beans in their chili...but I like em 8-)
Shelby's is a pretty good start. Wick Fowler's is good, too.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Texas Chili contest

Post by Bloodhound »

JimVH wrote: 26 Oct 2022, 19:33
Bloodhound wrote: 18 Oct 2022, 15:49 I like to use this mix to get things started...then I add a cup of strong coffee, Rotel, and fire roasted garlic crushed tomatoes and ground pork and ground beef and there is a spice shop in town that blends "Black Canyon Chili Spice" so some of that goes in with the browned meat...oh and I like beans in the chili so...

Yes I know there are some that don't want beans in their chili...but I like em 8-)
Shelby's is a pretty good start. Wick Fowler's is good, too.
I'll have to look and see if I can find Wick Fowler's...around here its mostly Shelby's and McCormick...I am not a fan of the McCormick.

There is also a mix sold at the Bass Pro store that looks like it might be good.
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Texas Chili contest

Post by JimVH »

Bloodhound wrote: 27 Oct 2022, 09:10
I'll have to look and see if I can find Wick Fowler's...around here its mostly Shelby's and McCormick...I am not a fan of the McCormick.

There is also a mix sold at the Bass Pro store that looks like it might be good.
They also make a version called False Alarm in yellow packaging.

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Texas Chili contest

Post by JimVH »

The weather today was predicted to be dreary and wet, so my crew at work asked chili. I made a pot, toned-down for a more genteel audience, and served it with some chili beans on the side. We're all watching the carbs, so instead of Fritos, I set-out a bowl of cracklins.

I don't know why I never tried it before, but oh my. Pork skins for the win, baby. A more perfect pairing doesn't exist.

Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Texas Chili contest

Post by Hugo Drax »

JimVH wrote: 28 Oct 2022, 10:34 The weather today was predicted to be dreary and wet, so my crew at work asked chili. I made a pot, toned-down for a more genteel audience, and served it with some chili beans on the side. We're all watching the carbs, so instead of Fritos, I set-out a bowl of cracklins.

I don't know why I never tried it before, but oh my. Pork skins for the win, baby. A more perfect pairing doesn't exist.
Shiner Bock would complete the win, if not gild the lily.

That sounds superb.
Weenies are us.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Texas Chili contest

Post by Biff »

JimVH wrote: 28 Oct 2022, 10:34 The weather today was predicted to be dreary and wet, so my crew at work asked chili.
Edgar Allen Jim? This poem needs to be completed.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Texas Chili contest

Post by Biff »

Hugo Drax wrote: 29 Oct 2022, 06:39
JimVH wrote: 28 Oct 2022, 10:34 The weather today was predicted to be dreary and wet, so my crew at work asked chili. I made a pot, toned-down for a more genteel audience, and served it with some chili beans on the side. We're all watching the carbs, so instead of Fritos, I set-out a bowl of cracklins.

Shiner Bock would complete the win, if not gild the lily.
I gild the lilly every morning upon rising.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
Del
Usher
Usher

Texas Chili contest

Post by Del »

Biff wrote: 29 Oct 2022, 09:47 Edgar Allen Jim? This poem needs to be completed.
Absolutely. It's off to such a great start!

JimVH wrote: 28 Oct 2022, 10:34 The weather today will be dreary and wet, so my crew at work asked for chili.
Hugo Drax wrote: 29 Oct 2022, 06:39Shiner Bock would complete the win, if not gild the lily.
JimVH wrote: 28 Oct 2022, 10:34We're all watching the carbs so instead of Fritos, I set-out a bowl of cracklins.

I don't know why I never tried it before, but oh! for the win, some Porkskins!