Halloween

The part of the forum where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong here, will be moved here. Maybe.
Jocose
Usher
Usher

Halloween

Post by Jocose »

Biff wrote: 31 Oct 2022, 21:03 We had the same number this year as we had last year: Z.E.R.O.
Bah humbug
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
Yohanan
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Halloween

Post by Yohanan »

Biff wrote: 31 Oct 2022, 21:03 We had the same number this year as we had last year: Z.E.R.O.

***Smoke What You Like, and Like What You Smoke, No Matter What Anyone Else Thinks!!!***
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Halloween

Post by coco »

I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Halloween

Post by tuttle »

Another fantastic year. The weather was great.

A little smaller group this year, just mine and Jester's families (small is a relative term here).

I think COVID gave anyone who wanted an out for dishing candy. There has been a distinct difference pre and post covid on Halloween. That said, 2020 was house barren. 2021 was an improvement. 2022 took a step back again.

It made for a bit of a quicker night, but that was alright by me.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Halloween

Post by FredS »

Spent the evening with our fav young and middle aged neighbor couples. No costumes but there was a nice pulled pork butt and cornbread in a cast iron skillet. Weed was offered. I stuck to beer (even tried a pumpkin beer from a local brewery) and scotch. Mrs FredS had diet Pepsi. A boatload of kids were out this year. Our neighborhood is almost built out and it's intentionally designed for a good mix of families with single family homes, paired homes, and townhomes. Fun all around.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Halloween

Post by FredS »

If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Halloween

Post by Bloodhound »

It started way late for us...normally its the little kids starting at 6ish and then the bigger kids start showing up at around 7:30 ish and I turn the light out after a walk down to the greenbelt to make sure the kiddos are all done. Last night it was 6:45 and still not one ring of the bell. I kept checking to make sure the porch light was on...then about 6:55 I got a ring of the bell and it was steady for an hour...but all young kiddos...like under the age of 10 or so and lots of 4 and 5 year olds...with parents right at the edge of the driveway. then it was done at 8. Done like it never happened...no kids no movement and all quiet in the neighborhood.

My wife's theory is that there was an event at one of the elementary schools that got out at 6:30 and that was why it was late starting at the house...she didn't have a theory about why the 10 and over crowd never showed up...
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD