Calculating Eschatology

The part of the forum where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong here, will be moved here. Maybe.

poll

Y
33%
N
No votes
M/U
No votes
A_Morley pole vaulting
67%

Total votes: 3

Jocose
Usher
Usher

Calculating Eschatology

Post by Jocose »

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.

One of the seven angels… came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. It shone with the glory of God, and its brilliance was like that of a very precious jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal.

I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it.

Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.

“Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
Del
Usher
Usher

Calculating Eschatology

Post by Del »

Where are all of the Bible numerologists when we need them?

And why do we need them?
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Calculating Eschatology

Post by coco »

Biff told me that Jesus is comging back sometime next week.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Calculating Eschatology

Post by Biff »

coco wrote: 25 Nov 2022, 06:31 Biff told me that Jesus is comging back sometime next week.
He came back last week - you're still here?
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
Del
Usher
Usher

Calculating Eschatology

Post by Del »

Biff wrote: 25 Nov 2022, 10:30
coco wrote: 25 Nov 2022, 06:31 Biff told me that Jesus is comging back sometime next week.
If Jesus did that half-way back Rapture thing, I don't blame Him for skipping America entirely.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Calculating Eschatology

Post by Biff »

Del wrote: 25 Nov 2022, 10:32
If Jesus did that half-way back Rapture thing, I don't blame Him for skipping America entirely.
You're still here, too?
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Calculating Eschatology

Post by coco »

Biff wrote: 25 Nov 2022, 10:34
Del wrote: 25 Nov 2022, 10:32

You're still here, too?
We both are. I'm glad to know that you have access to CPS from the Heavenly Kingdom. You're the only admin we have.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
Del
Usher
Usher

Calculating Eschatology

Post by Del »

Biff wrote: 25 Nov 2022, 10:34 You're still here, too?
WWG1WGA