Monday Talk...

Want to share something posted on your blog, or the fact that you have a blog? Here's one for bloggers.
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Monday Talk...

Post by jmg »

"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
Del
Usher
Usher

Monday Talk...

Post by Del »

New job is always high on stress. And honestly -- getting thrown into the deep is the easiest and most merciful way to get through the learning process.

The nobility of the "desk job" is that you are supporting a lot of guys so they can do the real work that provides everybody's lives and pay checks. You worry about stuff so they don't have to.

Meanwhile -- I'm a fan of Mac Baren. I'm slowly working through a pound canister of Symphony.
MrPiper
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Monday Talk...

Post by MrPiper »

New job training is ALWAYS a stress. Almost any job is drinking from a fire hose for the first 6 months. Assimilation for the next year, and after 2.5 to 3 years, mastery and preparation for your NEXT role up the ladder! Learn well, great attitude, and see how high the LORD plans to take you and what He has prepared for you along the way! Praying for you.

(BTW...you don't look mean :-) )
joegoat
The Naughty Grand Poobah
The Naughty Grand Poobah

Monday Talk...

Post by joegoat »

Finally got around to watching your latest video. I enjoyed it! Nice to hear you just speak honestly and pack a pipe. You're very down to earth. I've been praying for you. I can't begin to understand the changes that your family has gone through these past few years.
The job is there to provide a good life for your family. Take pride in whatever you do, but your joy should come from what you do when you're the boss. Grow in your faith, love your wife, raise your kids, work in your shop, grow the garden, train that new dog, and find time for a pipe on the porch. This life is a blessing. The Lord gave us lots to enjoy on this earth and I don't think our places of employment necessarily need to be one of those things. Employment is about trading your time and ability for money to make just about everything else in this life possible.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)