Red Wave?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Del
Usher
Usher

Red Wave?

Post by Del »

Apparently a whole lot of people really like inflation, recession, fuel shortages, crime, open borders, fentanyl, homeless camps, grooming kids, masks, shots, lockdowns, and -- most of all -- killing babies.
gaining_age
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Red Wave?

Post by gaining_age »

Personalities are always at play even as platforms on issues matter.
Del
Usher
Usher

Red Wave?

Post by Del »

gaining_age wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 06:00 Personalities are always at play even as platforms on issues matter.
Umm... I was watching many key races around the country, and I I noticed a tremendous lack of charisma (sometimes verging on repulsive) among the Democrat contenders.

Gretchen Whitmer
Katy Hobbes
John Fetterman
Kathy Hochul
Tony Evers (Wisconsin)
Tina Kotek (Oregon)

Just off the top of my head. Democrats won (or still defending leads in close races) that shouldn't even have been close. Some ran awful campaigns.

A lot of people in a lot of states just voted for the "D."

What issues were "top of mind" for all those low-information voters? I'm guessing: Abortion, cannabis, and persistent TDS.
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Red Wave?

Post by tuttle »

In a sane world it would've been a Red Tsunami. However, we live in clown world.

I was getting somewhat excited in the lead up, but last month a handful of things sort of made me stop and realize that it was all a farce.

First, I'm jaded, or an election denier, or whatever you want to say, but I am not convinced things are on the up and up. And that's not on me, that's on anyone who looks shady and then tells me I'm evil for saying they look shady. If you look shady and cannot prove to me beyond a shadow of a doubt with full transparency nothing shady was happening, then I don't believe you. I'm from Missouri. Show me. There's a reason Missouri banned electronic voting machines.

The reasons for concern, beyond my stubborn Missouri upbringing, were various, but here's the thing that made it really sink in for me: There was a reason Biden and the media and company were out there telling everyone to trust the election results on the eve of what (in a sane world) would be their major comeuppins. There was no fear in their eyes. That told me they felt safe.

Second, look at DeSantis and his blowout. Look at basically everyone else in any purple state. DeSantis punched back swift and smart and didn't apologize and created a tangible difference on the ground and people flocked to him. Others played the moderate, like Oz, and got what they deserved.

DeSantis and some fresh faced senators seem to be about the only light, and something of a core the GOP could build upon for the future, which would be encouraging but that'll probably get a heavy dose of snuffing by one Donald J. Trump. A lot to play out still.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Red Wave?

Post by Hovannes »

Del wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 05:34 Apparently a whole lot of people really like inflation, recession, fuel shortages, crime, open borders, fentanyl, homeless camps, grooming kids, masks, shots, lockdowns, and -- most of all -- killing babies.
Apparently, they do.
And we all get they government they deserve.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Red Wave?

Post by Hovannes »

Del wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 06:27
gaining_age wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 06:00 Personalities are always at play even as platforms on issues matter.
Umm... I was watching many key races around the country, and I I noticed a tremendous lack of charisma (sometimes verging on repulsive) among the Democrat contenders.

Gretchen Whitmer
Katy Hobbes
John Fetterman
Kathy Hochul
Tony Evers (Wisconsin)
Tina Kotek (Oregon)

Even AOC got re-elected. Whisky Tango Foxtrot, who'd re-elect AOC?
Del
Usher
Usher

Red Wave?

Post by Del »

At least we won't have waves of riots for another couple of years.
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Red Wave?

Post by tuttle »

Del wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 09:01 At least we won't have waves of riots for another couple of years.
Just Feds knocking your door down because someone saw you with a rosary outside a Planned Parenthood
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Red Wave?

Post by Hovannes »

Del wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 09:01 At least we won't have waves of riots for another couple of years.
I'm not so sure about that if the Republicans have a majority in both the House and Senate.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Red Wave?

Post by Biff »

Hovannes wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 08:55 And we all get they government they deserve.
It's almost as if there's an ultra-evil mastermind behind it all. Stealing, killing, destroying... I recognize that tune....
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada: