Red Wave?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Del
Usher
Usher

Red Wave?

Post by Del »

DLJake wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 18:42
Del wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 18:33 I don't understand Arizona. It should be as Red as West Virginia, for crime and fentanyl and border security.

Can anyone explain to me why an Arizona voter would want to vote for a Democrat?
Tucson: University of Arizona.
Phoenix: Arizona State University

Lots of farmland that needs migrant workers to make it successful.
Hmmm.... do Democrats have policies that enable migrant workers? Or do Republicans suppress the availability of farm workers?

I just checked a map. Biden won Maricopa County (Phoenix) with 50.3%. It's not a great urban Democrat stronghold.

Arizona suffers much from Biden's open border.
DLJake
Sunday School Superintendent

Red Wave?

Post by DLJake »

Del wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 18:52
Del wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 18:33 I don't understand Arizona. It should be as Red as West Virginia, for crime and fentanyl and border security.

Can anyone explain to me why an Arizona voter would want to vote for a Democrat?

Hmmm.... do Democrats have policies that enable migrant workers? Or do Republicans suppress the availability of farm workers?

I just checked a map. Biden won Maricopa County (Phoenix) with 50.3%. It's not a great urban Democrat stronghold.

AZ Suffers? Dude, you live in Wisconsin. Step off, already.

AZ voted. They live there. You don't. In all charity; piss off.
Nothing destroys cowboy boots faster than mare's urine. - JimVH as published in Equine Quarterly September 2022
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Red Wave?

Post by Hovannes »

There's not much agriculture left in Arizona anymore. The subdivisions have taken the water.
Del
Usher
Usher

Red Wave?

Post by Del »

DLJake wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 18:58
Del wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 18:52

AZ Suffers? Dude, you live in Wisconsin. Step off, already.

AZ voted. They live there. You don't. In all charity; piss off.
I know why I don't understand Arizona. I want to understand.

I know why the arrogant elitist "useful idiots" in Madison tip our state Blue. Nothing about our situation translates to Arizona. They should be as Red as Texas.

Come to think of it, I have an old friend who lives in Tucson. I should reach out and ask him. Tucson's county is a bit more Blue than Phoenix.
Del
Usher
Usher

Red Wave?

Post by Del »

This poll explains a lot....

https://www.dailywire.com/news/exit-pol ... n-midterms

Abortion is an addiction.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Red Wave?

Post by sweetandsour »

I could ask my nephew why AZ votes blue, he's an attorney there, making a very good living off of retirees that sue each other seemingly as a pastime. In my view AZ would be more like FL, rather than TX. But, I've read that much of CA and silicon valley has been moving to AZ, slowly turning it blue, becoming sort of like Austin TX, which becomes more blue every day with migrants from CA. And BTW, do you want more conspiracy theory? Dems have enough money to re-locate voters to whatever swing state they need, such as Georgia.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Red Wave?

Post by Hovannes »

Del wrote: 10 Nov 2022, 05:11 This poll explains a lot....

https://www.dailywire.com/news/exit-pol ... n-midterms

Abortion is an addiction.
Sadly.
Del
Usher
Usher

Red Wave?

Post by Del »

DLJake wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 15:04
tuttle wrote: <snippage1> Donald J. Trump <snippage2>
Did a search for trump in the thread. This was the only reference. I find that odd as I see the former President as the 800# Elephant in the room.

The Dems wait to see if he announces a 2024 run and then the indictments come.
I finally understand this post. :oops:

I'm traveling to a Chesterton Conference this weekend in Rochester, NY. My traveling companion wanted to listen to a podcast to pass the time. He is a pro-life Catholic, but otherwise much broader and more moderate than I. So we listened to some interesting liberals discuss the midterm postmortems. They talked about Trump the whole time.

"Why are they talking about Trump?"

"Del, you don't watch network news or cable news or liberal podcasters, so you don't know this: They have never stopped talking about Trump. They never let him go. They fear him like the boogeyman."

"Republican voters haven't thought about Trump since Jan. 6. Elite Republicans like Mitch McConnell never respected him from the beginning. But Trump says that he is still very relevant and influential, and Democrat media believe him. They have been harping on how dangerous his endorsed candidates will be if they win. When the elected Democrats and their media said that 'Democracy is threatened,' they meant that Trump might be re-elected President again."

Anyhow, this explains why most of the guys here didn't think about Trump as we pondered the results of this election.... yet the lone Democrat says Trump is the Elephant in the Room. We honestly didn't realize that Trump was on the ballot.
DLJake

Red Wave?

Post by DLJake »

Del wrote: 10 Nov 2022, 17:26
DLJake wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 15:04
tuttle wrote: <snippage1> Donald J. Trump <snippage2>
Did a search for trump in the thread. This was the only reference. I find that odd as I see the former President as the 800# Elephant in the room.

The Dems wait to see if he announces a 2024 run and then the indictments come.
I finally understand this post. :oops: <snippage>
Anyhow, this explains why most of the guys here didn't think about Trump as we pondered the results of this election.... yet the lone Democrat says Trump is the Elephant in the Room. We honestly didn't realize that Trump was on the ballot.
I'm not a with the Democratic National Convention.

Trump will forever be on every ballot.
Nothing destroys cowboy boots faster than mare's urine. - JimVH as published in Equine Quarterly September 2022
Del
Usher
Usher

Red Wave?

Post by Del »

DLJake wrote: 10 Nov 2022, 19:19 Trump will forever be on every ballot.
Democrats will run against Trump for as long as it works.

I didn't mean to put you in a box. I'm trying to respect that you understand Democrat voters with some sympathy, and I clearly don't.

Madison votes 80/20 Democrat, and I'm surrounded by them. But these aren't normal people.... these are young, radical university-type Democrats. Always supporting the latest thing. Arrogantly defying anything that traditional people hold sacred. Flying all the lawn signs and plastering their backsides with bumper stickers. Gay as <zederated>. Cross-dressing guys. Girls with pronouns.

And they don't talk about Trump. But I did see many t-shirts celebrating abortion.