Cornbread Baking Vessel

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Cornbread Baking Vessel

Post by Bloodhound »

FredS wrote: 25 Oct 2022, 09:06
Bloodhound wrote: 25 Oct 2022, 08:56 We have a square cast iron skillet and I like it best with some diced green chilies or jalapenos mixed in.
A local joint we order from sends a 10" round cornbread with our chicken-dinner-for-two. They put chilies in it AND honey on top. The honey must go on during cooking because it crisps up a little. I don't think they go well together, but it doesn't count as a side so I get it anyway. I eat it because cornbread, but it's not something I'd pay extra for.
That sounds like its right up my alley...Do you think they would deliver to me in Parker?
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
JudgeRusty
Sunday School Student

Cornbread Baking Vessel

Post by JudgeRusty »

Del wrote: 25 Oct 2022, 09:15
JudgeRusty wrote: 25 Oct 2022, 07:03 Pour all into skillet and bake about 20 minutes or until GBD.
What the heck is GBD?

Golden Brown Done? Gooey Batter Dry?

One of the things I love about Southern jargon is the lack of goofy urban acronyms. Don't be startin' that.
Close.

Golden Brown & Delicious
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Cornbread Baking Vessel

Post by FredS »

Bloodhound wrote: 25 Oct 2022, 10:21
FredS wrote: 25 Oct 2022, 09:06
Bloodhound wrote: 25 Oct 2022, 08:56 We have a square cast iron skillet and I like it best with some diced green chilies or jalapenos mixed in.
A local joint we order from sends a 10" round cornbread with our chicken-dinner-for-two. They put chilies in it AND honey on top. The honey must go on during cooking because it crisps up a little. I don't think they go well together, but it doesn't count as a side so I get it anyway. I eat it because cornbread, but it's not something I'd pay extra for.
That sounds like its right up my alley...Do you think they would deliver to me in Parker?
Sorry Charlie, Austins is FOCO only. But I'll buy next time yer in town.

If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Cornbread Baking Vessel

Post by Bloodhound »

So when we got our cabin, it came with several cast iron pans and one of the corn bread cast iron pans...the one that has molds that look like little corn cobs...my wife said that is more of a decoration than a useable pan...it would make for some not very thick corn breads...I like mine thicker...but we may have to give it a try just to say we did
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD