Red Wave?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
ChildOfGod
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Red Wave?

Post by ChildOfGod »

tuttle wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 08:10 DeSantis and some fresh faced senators seem to be about the only light, and something of a core the GOP could build upon for the future, which would be encouraging but that'll probably get a heavy dose of snuffing by one Donald J. Trump. A lot to play out still.
I concur.

Conservative and Fanatic (fan) are antonyms. That's A fact. I've been saying that a lot lately. I'm of the opinion that there are too many fanatics in the Republican party to allow for growth and new life from conservatives.
Wishing you God's very best!
SlowToke
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Red Wave?

Post by SlowToke »

This newer trend of delayed election results in swing states is quite interesting. I would think it benign except that one side seems to be the only primary benefactor of the phenomenon. Not sure why I even care anymore. No one will do anything about it except label anyone who expresses concern as subhuman in some way.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Red Wave?

Post by sweetandsour »

SlowToke wrote: 13 Nov 2022, 15:25 This newer trend of delayed election results in swing states is quite interesting. I would think it benign except that one side seems to be the only primary benefactor of the phenomenon. Not sure why I even care anymore. No one will do anything about it except label anyone who expresses concern as subhuman in some way.
I think this phenomenon really took off with the epic and infamous hanging chads in FL during the Bush-Gore election of 2000.

Things were much easier on everyone when there were landslides, rather than the 50.1% to 49.9% vote totals that we've come to expect now in this country.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
Del
Usher
Usher

Red Wave?

Post by Del »

ChildOfGod wrote: 13 Nov 2022, 12:53
tuttle wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 08:10 DeSantis and some fresh faced senators seem to be about the only light, and something of a core the GOP could build upon for the future, which would be encouraging but that'll probably get a heavy dose of snuffing by one Donald J. Trump. A lot to play out still.
I concur.

Conservative and Fanatic (fan) are antonyms. That's A fact. I've been saying that a lot lately. I'm of the opinion that there are too many fanatics in the Republican party to allow for growth and new life from conservatives.
The "vast horde of Trump fanatics" only exists in the mind of CNN and liberal network news. You haven't seen them in real life.

I hang out with Republican activists, legislative staffers, and I waste time on political news sites. Individual Trump fanatics pop up here and there, but there isn't a fanatical devotion to Trump in the conservatives movement.

Trump was a good champion, and it is so sad how he can't let go with dignity.
Del
Usher
Usher

Red Wave?

Post by Del »

sweetandsour wrote: 14 Nov 2022, 04:19
SlowToke wrote: 13 Nov 2022, 15:25 This newer trend of delayed election results in swing states is quite interesting. I would think it benign except that one side seems to be the only primary benefactor of the phenomenon. Not sure why I even care anymore. No one will do anything about it except label anyone who expresses concern as subhuman in some way.
I think this phenomenon really took off with the epic and infamous hanging chads in FL during the Bush-Gore election of 2000.

Things were much easier on everyone when there were landslides, rather than the 50.1% to 49.9% vote totals that we've come to expect now in this country.
Republicans tried to give voters a nice easy landslide election, reversing inflation and cheaper gasoline.... but Democrats promised them dead babies instead.
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Red Wave?

Post by tuttle »

Del wrote: 14 Nov 2022, 05:00 Republicans tried to give voters a nice easy landslide election, reversing inflation and cheaper gasoline.... but Democrats promised them dead babies instead.
These two quotes summarize what I think happened in the election.

First, while the 'hanging chad' type elections might have set the stage, it's undeniable that 2020, under the guise of COVID emergency rules, mail-in voting became enshrined in areas. I don't care who you are, Rep or Dem, mail in voting is rife with transparency issues and therefore can be manipulated. In a free country like ours every precinct should be able to withstand scrutiny and be entirely transparent. That said, even if everyone is innocent of fraud/harvesting/tampering/etc, it behooves you to go above and beyond to pass the sniff test. If it smells funny and you say nothing is happening (or questioning is tantamount to destroying democracy) I don't believe you and will assume nefarious deeds until proven otherwise. Days and days of counting votes for key seats doesn't pass the sniff test.

Second, I am very much aware that many people do not hold the same views as me, and that the majority of people 1) believe everything the news and leaders and 'experts' tell them (ie. abortion is healthcare) or 2) really really love sacrificing babies, and both groups will vote accordingly, regardless of party.

The answer is twofold and it won't happen overnight. Regardless of party or election outcomes, we need a moral reawakening, one fueled by the gospel of Christ. This is the only antidote to child sacrifice. It's also the only thing that provides the backbone to keep politicians/bureaucrats accountable. Regarding voting, major election reform needs to take place on a large scale.

That said, it's really hard for me to see how either of those happen before the country either splits (officially) or further metastasizes into full blown tyranny.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
ChildOfGod
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Red Wave?

Post by ChildOfGod »

Del wrote: 14 Nov 2022, 04:51
I concur.

The "vast horde of Trump fanatics" only exists in the mind of CNN and liberal network news. You haven't seen them in real life.
Actually, I have and do. I live among them. I am in the reddest county in my state. Trump fans everywhere. Few conservatives; mostly fans.
Wishing you God's very best!
Del
Usher
Usher

Red Wave?

Post by Del »

ChildOfGod wrote: 14 Nov 2022, 13:17
Del wrote: 14 Nov 2022, 04:51

I concur.

Actually, I have and do. I live among them. I am in the reddest county in my state. Trump fans everywhere. Few conservatives; mostly fans.
So Democrats aren't the only ones who are holding on to Trump. Good to know.
Wosbald
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Red Wave?

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+
UncleBob wrote:Image
'Sup, bitches?

Del
Usher
Usher

Red Wave?