An Observation

For the thinkers, theologians, philospophers.
Stan
Sunday School Student

An Observation

Post by Stan »

Very frequently I will be dealing with an issue, question or even a thought during the week and when I go to church the sermon deals with that subject. I like it when that happens.
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

An Observation

Post by coco »

Stan wrote: 06 Nov 2022, 06:08 Very frequently I will be dealing with an issue, question or even a thought during the week and when I go to church the sermon deals with that subject. I like it when that happens.
God is in control of all things, and works in all things for his glory and our good.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
joegoat
The Naughty Grand Poobah
The Naughty Grand Poobah

An Observation

Post by joegoat »

coco wrote: 06 Nov 2022, 11:17
Stan wrote: 06 Nov 2022, 06:08 Very frequently I will be dealing with an issue, question or even a thought during the week and when I go to church the sermon deals with that subject. I like it when that happens.
God is in control of all things, and works in all things for his glory and our good.
Indeed.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

An Observation

Post by JimVH »

I always feel like the preacher wrote his sermon just for me. I assume it has something to do with me suckething as a Christian.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

An Observation

Post by Biff »

There is therefore now no condemnation....
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
DLJake
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

An Observation

Post by DLJake »

I call this: The Good Stuff.
Nothing destroys cowboy boots faster than mare's urine. - JimVH as published in Equine Quarterly September 2022
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

An Observation

Post by FredS »

It's amazing how often those threads intersect.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

An Observation

Post by coco »

I've been teaching a homiletics class. Last night, Steve preached on Hebrews 9:11-22. Another student said, "You talked about a lot of stuff I've been dealing with this week."
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

An Observation

Post by tuttle »

I've noticed the same (how cool is that?)

And I've also noticed sometimes when I'm going through something I'll run across the path of someone (unprovoked mind you) going through something similar. And lately this extends to something I've been studying. Perhaps I've been recently convinced of something I hadn't beforehand known or thought much about. Suddenly I come across (again unprovoked) a guy going through the same type of 'journey'. Or I just happen 'by accident, that is, without seeking it out on my own, to come across some teacher or book in the same vein.

It happens more often than not and now that I think about it I ought to respond to such instances with thanksgiving and praise for the providence and tender care of our Lord.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion