Surgery because I am an old man

Where two or more are gathered in His name....
MrPiper
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by MrPiper »

To anyone here who prayed for me and my family over the past week, thank you so much.

Surgery on Monday went about as described in the opening block. I am thankful to the LORD that at this time, all of my heart medicines are back up into their therapeutic range and I am again minimized for the risk of stroke and heart attack from clotting on my mechanical aortic valve. Just to add insult to injury, the insurance company sent Service Master to the house about an hour after we got home from the hospital on Monday! They were professional, and very kind, but destroyed my house.

The basement ceiling, floors, walls, cabinets, kitchen sink, and bathroom were all torn out. The kitchen on the main floor where we ordinarily live was also "mitigated" and they place fans and dehumidifiers that sound like thunder all throughout our house. The only place you can hear yourself think is upstairs in the bedroom with the door closed. This is where I have been spending most of my time.

The Mitigators are returning this am to remove the fans. The Insurance Adjuster is coming Friday and the work to repair the disaster can begin after bids once we have an agreed path from the insurer.

Also on Friday at 8:15am, I am to return to the doctor to have all of the "equipment" removed to see if I can void without assistance. PLEASE pray that I can or else everything goes back in, and on, until next week. The doctor said there is expected to be a LOT of internal swelling and the flow may be impeded for longer than expected. We will only know by giving it a test on Friday.

I have learned that almost 90% of men will experience BPH and that over 60% will need this type of surgery at some point if they live beyond about age 60. No wonder the Urologist lives in a house that makes the Clampet Mansion look like an outhouse! I am praying for all of you brothers here as well that when your time comes, it will go better than mine has!!!
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

Still at it, friend, added a prayer for some uneventful days ahead for you to recover.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Bloodhound »

JimVH wrote: 16 Nov 2022, 12:59 Still at it, friend, added a prayer for some uneventful days ahead for you to recover.
Continued prayers
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
MrPiper
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by MrPiper »

PRAISE UPDATE!
As always, God is so kind, merciful, loving and good. Even when it doesn't go as we hoped.

Today, I got all of the appliances taken out and off. Inside and out. All is working well. I was told to expect things to get WORSE before they get better and the full result of the surgery would not be seen for about 3 months.

I am not worse. I am at least as good as I was BEFORE the surgery and maybe a little better. If it continues to improve from here, I am thrilled!

The insurance adjuster came today now that the basement ceiling, walls, cabinets, bathroom, and floors have all been torn out, along with the upstairs kitchen floor and lower cabinets.

The cabinets are higher grade, all wood but they are 27 years old from when we built the house. As a result they can not be matched. Of course insurance only pays for the damaged LOWER cabinets. We will have to re do the entire kitchen to make it look right. This will be an out of pocket of several thousand dollars AKA home equity loan. Everything else will be covered by the insurer. Really as frustrating as all of this is, it will be fine.

After my cancer a few years ago (Praise Jesus) this is just a small bump in the road by comparison. God is so very good and I am so very thankful.

Thank you all so much for your prayers.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

Praise indeed. I’m grateful for the good news!
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Post by coco »

:D :D :D
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.