It is too soon to be watching Christmas Movies

The part of the forum where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong here, will be moved here. Maybe.
Jocose
Usher
Usher

Post by Jocose »

Now is the time to watch Christmas movies. Perhaps classics such as Ernest saves Christmas.
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by tuttle »

Del wrote: 23 Nov 2022, 11:47
tuttle wrote: 22 Nov 2022, 05:36
Bloodhound wrote: 21 Nov 2022, 08:15 Well we had planned to watch the TCU vs Baylor game Saturday. I came downstairs and she was "Finishing up" a Hallmark Christmas movie...how is it that they all have they same plot line? Anyway...I hit record and she watched the last 10 min of her movie while I made coffee and we watched the game recording, fast forwarding the commercials until we caught up with live time...

PS...what an ending!!!

PSS...the Game ending, not the movie...
Hallmark Christmas movies are so ripe for parody that it's almost too easy.

What would be really fun is turning on into a horror movie.

I might have shared this on the previous forum but one time me and the kids did sort of a mad libs/improv shout it out rendition and by using all the highlights of the themes/plots they touch upon, we created an outline for a script on the spot. It's a surprisingly easy formula to work with which I think is why you get them ad nauseum. Ours was themed around Shark Week about a city girl who for Christmas goes to a Caribbean island surrounded by sharks and meets a hunky scruffy scuba diver who is also the owner of the island. It writes itself.
Well there's this guy and this girl. And they get off to a bad start, but neither of them is looking for a relationship anyway. But there's also this place/thing that needs rescuing, and they end up working together on that. And there's a third ornery person who gets in the way, but that's okay because the third wheel has a change of heart and steps out of the way. But then one of our couple overhears half of a conversation and gets the wrong idea, and makes an effort to flee the confrontation. So there's a race to the airport. And our couple catch up each other just in time, and realize that they've fallen in love. They kiss for the first time, and you know that they are going to live happily ever after. The end.

Your kids are right. This story needs sharks.
If someone pitched it to me as basically a Hallmark Christmas movie but with sharks, I'd give it a go.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion