I guess this is an OFG thing to do at Christmas...

Post about everything from carrying a handkerchief to manly skills (sharpening a pocket knife, etc), to product reviews of items that may have slipped inder our radar (ie Grandpa's Pine Tar soap). No threads on anything 'new' unless it hearkens to old-fashioned sensibilities and ideals.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Post by Hovannes »

...anyway I've always enjoyed it---sneaking out of the house and going for a short hike at one of three previously well scouted locations---the Kings River Sink, Woodward Park, or some foothill ranch land where I know mistletoe is growing not too far off the ground on young oaks. Over the past couple of decades I've had good hunting at all these locations.
Pick a crisp morning and take along a brown paper bag and some pruning shears, and bring home a sprig of mistletoe to hang up in the house and see if anyone notices.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Post by sweetandsour »

I like the sentiment, Hov.
When I used to make a traditional pre-Christmas deer hunt in the Hill Country, back when that part of Texas was still unspoiled, I would always bring home giant bunches of mistletoe.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
JudgeRusty
Sunday School Student

Post by JudgeRusty »

OR ...

be the recipient of a Barbour Beaufort jacket as a combined birthday and Christmas gift from wife and sons.

I was very pleased as I wanted one for a long time but never pulled the trigger on the purchase.
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Post by Hugo Drax »

JudgeRusty wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 14:28 OR ...

be the recipient of a Barbour Beaufort jacket as a combined birthday and Christmas gift from wife and sons.

I was very pleased as I wanted one for a long time but never pulled the trigger on the purchase.
Excellent coat. I recently replaced one I'd had since college and was stunned at the increase in price.
Weenies are us.