mix and match

Pipe & Hardware discussions
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

mix and match

Post by Bloodhound »

Well I saw something on another sight about the Erik Nording hunting series pipes and I quickly discovered that they were out of my price range, but very cool pipes. That led me to remember that I have a Nording pipe, that I got from a member on the old site. Well that led me to looking at Nording pipes on the auction site.

So I was looking at all the freehand style pipes, and then I spotted a kind of bent billiard, with partial smooth and partial rustication and I liked it...it was only $14. But before I bid, I looked at all the pics and noted that the stem was "Off" it look strange with the pipe, it was straight and it had a white spade on it...Yup some one had stuck a Dr Grabow stem on this Nording pipe. It was actually a decent fit if it had been bent to match the flow of the pipe. The pipe had a badly charred rim, but it was likely a do-able project pipe. I was thinking about bidding and then it ended and was gone someone got it for $17...I am hoping they are able to make it into a cool and nice smoking pipe again...

Hey if it was one of you, let us know how it turns out I have tried other stems in different bowls...but never had one fit as well as that situation.
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD