That 70's Thing

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

That 70's Thing

Post by FredS »

If you were around then, you get it. There's a hundred funny nuggets in this video.

Last edited by FredS on 27 Jan 2023, 08:26, edited 1 time in total.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

That 70's Thing

Post by JimVH »

"Too big a bearings."

Awesome.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Bloodhound
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

That 70's Thing

Post by Bloodhound »

I loved that!

I broke my collarbone when I was in 4th grade jumping my metallic green 3 speed Stingray over a stack of railroad ties. Broke the seat bracket on the "banana" seat. Our neighbor had a welder in his garage and he fixed it for me.
Do Justice...
Love Mercy...
Walk Humbly with your GOD
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

That 70's Thing

Post by coco »

Sue the TV station for promoting this madness! Sue the bike company! Sue the mom who gave him the jumpsuit!

Okay, the last one might have been a crime, but not the kind you can sue for.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

That 70's Thing

Post by FredS »

I'm pretty sure Evel Knievel was responsible for thousands of broken bones in the 70's.

I was the bike fixer in our neighborhood. Had enough parts to built 8 or 10 complete bikes in the shed. If anything needed welding (sissy bars, chopper forks, bmx bars, etc) it went with my dad to the maintenance shop at the chemical plant where he worked. I found a chrome frame in someones trash. Cleaned it up and sprayed candy apple red on it. It looked awesome.

We lived close to the county fairgrounds and there was always scraps around there for building ramps. Some of the barns had clean straw on the dirt floors so - if it seemed like a sketchy distance - we'd put our ramps just inside the barn door and get a run up on the hard-packed dirt outside.

We had a trail through the woods with "deadmans" curve on the edge of a washed out ditch about 10' deep. Nobody ever died.
Last edited by FredS on 27 Jan 2023, 11:54, edited 1 time in total.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

That 70's Thing

Post by coco »

Bloodhound wrote: 27 Jan 2023, 11:36 I loved that!

I broke my collarbone when I was in 4th grade jumping my metallic green 3 speed Stingray over a stack of railroad ties. Broke the seat bracket on the "banana" seat. Our neighbor had a welder in his garage and he fixed it for me.
There's a lot to be said for a banana seat when jumping.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
Yohanan
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

That 70's Thing

Post by Yohanan »

Smoking in a Doctor's office or the Barber Shop, or anywhere else you wanted too. Yea, most of us remember when. the 70's!!!
***Smoke What You Like, and Like What You Smoke, No Matter What Anyone Else Thinks!!!***
Wosbald
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

That 70's Thing

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+

This one triggers my Wayback. The Levi's "Laughing Song".

IIRC, it was a prime signal that summer's on-the-wane and school's around-the-bend. Haw-Haw.

Laughing Levis Commercial [YouTube: 1 min]

michigander
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

That 70's Thing

Post by michigander »

FredS wrote: 27 Jan 2023, 11:52 I'm pretty sure Evel Knievel was responsible for thousands of broken bones in the 70's.

I was the bike fixer in our neighborhood. Had enough parts to built 8 or 10 complete bikes in the shed. If anything needed welding (sissy bars, chopper forks, bmx bars, etc) it went with my dad to the maintenance shop at the chemical plant where he worked. I found a chrome frame in someones trash. Cleaned it up and sprayed candy apple red on it. It looked awesome.

We lived close to the county fairgrounds and there was always scraps around there for building ramps. Some of the barns had clean straw on the dirt floors so - if it seemed like a sketchy distance - we'd put our ramps just inside the barn door and get a run up on the hard-packed dirt outside.

We had a trail through the woods with "deadmans" curve on the edge of a washed out ditch about 10' deep. Nobody ever died.
...and we'd never even heard of a bicycle helmet.
michigander
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

That 70's Thing

Post by michigander »

I love the part where he's standing at the top of the ramp thinking through his big jump.