Objects in the Sky

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
jruegg
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Objects in the Sky

Post by jruegg »

Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Objects in the Sky

Post by Hovannes »

sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Objects in the Sky

Post by sweetandsour »

The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
jruegg
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Objects in the Sky

Post by jruegg »

Last night multiple Blackhawk helicopters flew overhead. It was a fairly dark night and they're, you know, black so it was difficult to see them other than a dim red taillight. I counted at least 5 by the time I ran outside to see. Sometimes those huge Chinooks fly over head and I don't know if it's the rotor wash, rotor resonance, or engine noise, but you can almost feel a 'whomp, whomp, whomp' in your chest as they fly over; almost like someone's giving your sternum a high-five over and over again until they're gone. It's pretty freakin' cool.

I'm guessing our house must be directly in line between bases or something. I'm assuming they were on night-op training last night.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Objects in the Sky

Post by Biff »

Clearly, you're on the 'list'
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Objects in the Sky

Post by tuttle »

jruegg wrote: 01 Mar 2023, 10:48 Last night multiple Blackhawk helicopters flew overhead. It was a fairly dark night and they're, you know, black so it was difficult to see them other than a dim red taillight. I counted at least 5 by the time I ran outside to see. Sometimes those huge Chinooks fly over head and I don't know if it's the rotor wash, rotor resonance, or engine noise, but you can almost feel a 'whomp, whomp, whomp' in your chest as they fly over; almost like someone's giving your sternum a high-five over and over again until they're gone. It's pretty freakin' cool.

I'm guessing our house must be directly in line between bases or something. I'm assuming they were on night-op training last night.
I frequently have B2 bombers fly over my house. They are VERY COOL.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Objects in the Sky

Post by tuttle »

Until they show me the debris of the objects shot down after the Spy Balloon, I'm calling shenanigans.

I don't think they shot anything down.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Objects in the Sky

Post by Biff »

tuttle wrote: 02 Mar 2023, 07:14 Until they show me the debris of the objects shot down after the Spy Balloon, I'm calling shenanigans.

I don't think they shot anything down.
Now you're on the list, too.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
jruegg
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Objects in the Sky

Post by jruegg »

tuttle wrote: 02 Mar 2023, 07:12
jruegg wrote: 01 Mar 2023, 10:48 Last night multiple Blackhawk helicopters flew overhead. It was a fairly dark night and they're, you know, black so it was difficult to see them other than a dim red taillight. I counted at least 5 by the time I ran outside to see. Sometimes those huge Chinooks fly over head and I don't know if it's the rotor wash, rotor resonance, or engine noise, but you can almost feel a 'whomp, whomp, whomp' in your chest as they fly over; almost like someone's giving your sternum a high-five over and over again until they're gone. It's pretty freakin' cool.

I frequently have B2 bombers fly over my house. They are VERY COOL.
SO JEALOUS!!