Smoking cool

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general.
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

Smoking cool

Post by Hugo Drax »

Smoke rope tobacco. Cool as spring water.
Weenies are us.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Smoking cool

Post by FredS »

Biff wrote: 06 Jan 2023, 17:26Image
At a recent meetup of the Colorado branch, we were talking about the Peaky Blinders show and Simeon said "Man, I wish I could smoke as cool as that guy".

If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Del
Usher
Usher

Smoking cool

Post by Del »

The all-time greatest bluegrass fiddle player, Vassar Clements (d. 2005).... He doesn't "look" cool; he IS cool.

He played with Jerry Garcia's band "Old And In The Way."

I first heard of him back in the '70's, playing on John Hartford's classic album Aereo-Plain.

This short song, "Back in the Goodle Days," features Clements' great fiddling range and improvisational skill. During the 2-minute song, he hangs back humbly and fills in the void. Then for 60 seconds he plays solo, just laying out a pipe-smoker's reverie.

sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Smoking cool

Post by sweetandsour »

Del wrote: 07 Mar 2023, 18:50 The all-time greatest bluegrass fiddle player, Vassar Clements (d. 2005).... He doesn't "look" cool; he IS cool.

He played with Jerry Garcia's band "Old And In The Way."

I first heard of him back in the '70's, playing on John Hartford's classic album Aereo-Plain.

This short song, "Back in the Goodle Days," features Clements' great fiddling range and improvisational skill. During the 2-minute song, he hangs back humbly and fills in the void. Then for 60 seconds he plays solo, just laying out a pipe-smoker's reverie.

Vassar had a slow smooth, cool sounding fiddle. I first "heard" of him on the original "Will the Circle be Unbroken" albums by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. It was sort of sad when he aged a bit, he was a guest fiddler on an awards show where Charlie Daniels was the recipient. Charlie watched briefly as Vassar struggled with "The South's Gonna Do It", then mercifully took the fiddle from Vassar and played it himself. Still, he was a cool guy, and apparently smoked a cool pipe.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Smoking cool

Post by JimVH »

The blues, baby:

Howlin Wolf

Albert King

BB King

John Lee Hooker

Donald Duck Dunn
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix