The Exorcist Files

For the thinkers, theologians, philospophers.
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

The Exorcist Files

Post by tuttle »

Anyone ever hear of Father Carlos Martins?

He's an exorcist who has joined a podcast called The Exorcist Files to share his stories regarding exorcism. I've listened to the first two episodes. It's sort of an audio docu-drama. The host and the exorcist tell the story with actors portraying bits of the story in between.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

The Exorcist Files

Post by jmg »

tuttle wrote: 10 Mar 2023, 11:11 Anyone ever hear of Father Carlos Martins?

He's an exorcist who has joined a podcast called The Exorcist Files to share his stories regarding exorcism. I've listened to the first two episodes. It's sort of an audio docu-drama. The host and the exorcist tell the story with actors portraying bits of the story in between.
Worth a listen?
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

The Exorcist Files

Post by sweetandsour »

I had dinner last evening with a friend in law enforcement, and he said his day yesterday included a woman who claimed to be demon possessed. In fact she was screaming that fact while strapped to a stretcher.
"You should have asked her it's name", I told him.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
Del
Usher
Usher

The Exorcist Files

Post by Del »

I will give this a listen.

It is very unusual for a Catholic priest with an exorcism ministry to reveal this to the public. And much less for the priest to participate in dramatic reenactments. For centuries, we have wanted to avoid triggering morbid interest in the occult, or draw the attention of demons.

But under Pope Benedict, there was a change in attitude. The world doesn't believe in demons anymore, and this unwariness has allowed demons to enter many spaces.... such as schools, government agencies, and churches. So some bishops have granted permission for exorcists to tell their stories, as an effort toward evangelization and catechesis.
tuttle
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

The Exorcist Files

Post by tuttle »

jmg wrote: 10 Mar 2023, 15:57

Worth a listen?
I'd say give it a try. I don't know if the format is my cup of tea, I'd honestly just rather hear the priest tell it plain. That said, it is well done from a production pov, and some of the insights are interesting.
"tuttle isn't saved" - Legion
Del
Usher
Usher

The Exorcist Files

Post by Del »

tuttle wrote: 13 Mar 2023, 05:08 I'd say give it a try. I don't know if the format is my cup of tea, I'd honestly just rather hear the priest tell it plain. That said, it is well done from a production pov, and some of the insights are interesting.
I am enjoying this series, although I am sometimes tempted to fast-forward through the radio-play expositions. But the facts are rich and solid. And I appreciate that the exorcist is portrayed as staying calm and in command. Not like the old movie. In fact, the actual exorcist talks a bit about what the movie got wrong.

There are several videos of Fr. Martins himself on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... os+martins
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

The Exorcist Files

Post by Hugo Drax »

tuttle wrote: 13 Mar 2023, 05:08
jmg wrote: 10 Mar 2023, 15:57

Worth a listen?
I'd say give it a try. I don't know if the format is my cup of tea, I'd honestly just rather hear the priest tell it plain. That said, it is well done from a production pov, and some of the insights are interesting.
If you'd like to hear a priest tell it plainly, look up Father Chad Ripperger on the tubes. He's a very matter-of-fact fellow with the occasional chuckle and will plainly tell the tale in the same manner you or I would talk about our ordinary days.

I really like him.
Weenies are us.
Del
Usher
Usher

The Exorcist Files

Post by Del »

Hugo Drax wrote: 18 Mar 2023, 06:44
If you'd like to hear a priest tell it plainly, look up Father Chad Ripperger on the tubes. He's a very matter-of-fact fellow with the occasional chuckle and will plainly tell the tale in the same manner you or I would talk about our ordinary days.

I really like him.
Can confirm on Fr. Ripperger. He visits our parish every year or so and gives a great talk, always packing the house.

He doesn't share a lot of salacious tales of manifestations during exorcisms. That's not a topic that anyone should dwell on.

YouTube full of Fr. Ripperger videos:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +ripperger