Absolutely useless facts about you nobody cares about

The part of the forum where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong here, will be moved here. Maybe.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

JimVH wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 08:59
Bloodhound wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 08:19 In the 90s' Penny and I got tickets to see John Tesh in concert in Denver. We drove over from the Western Slope checked into our motel room, went and got an early dinner and then drove to the venue, and outdoor theater near the Denver downtown area. When we got to the parking area about an hour before the start time, there were only a few cars. The parking attendant said we were really early, that the even at the then Pepsi Center didn't start for 2 more hours. I told him we were there for the Tesh concert at the Pavilion...he responded, "Oh...that was cancelled"
We went to a movie, and 220 miles home the next day.

Well John Tesh was in concert in our small performing arts theater this weekend and we got tickets months ago...he made it to town this weekend and we enjoyed his music and wit and the great band he had with him, for more than 3 hours. Not that you care... :)
My dad used to tell a similar story about George Jones, only with George, I guess you kind of expected it.

Glad y'all had a good time.
No-Show Tesh doesn't roll off the tongue.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

I've had my new truck for only three weeks and already had to replace the windshield.

Dump trucks on the freeway... pfft.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
jruegg
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by jruegg »

Something good has come out of the financial crisis. The cost to disaffiliate from the UMC included pension liabilities. Those were tied to interest rates. With the fed hiking rates twice since first given our bill, the updated cost is about $20,000 less!
coco
JimVH from the old site
JimVH from the old site

Post by coco »

I was once served tea by a Queen of Buganda.
I am not as cool as JimVH. Nor or you. Well, unless you ARE JimVH.
Del
Usher
Usher

Post by Del »

coco wrote: 22 Mar 2023, 16:52 I was once served tea by a Queen of Buganda.
ImageImage
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

Damn you Platte River Power Authority. I work from home and the power went out this morning so I made a mental list of all the things I was going to do with my free time. I only got as far as unloading the dishwasher before they got it back on. Bastards.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Post by Biff »

FredS wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 09:23 Damn you Platte River Power Authority. I work from home and the power went out this morning so I made a mental list of all the things I was going to do with my free time. I only got as far as unloading the dishwasher before they got it back on. Bastards.
But did you have your business socks on?
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

Biff wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 10:07
FredS wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 09:23 Damn you Platte River Power Authority. I work from home and the power went out this morning so I made a mental list of all the things I was going to do with my free time. I only got as far as unloading the dishwasher before they got it back on. Bastards.
Nope. I always get dressed for work, even though I just walk upstairs, but I don't usually get around to shoes and socks until after lunch. It's almost sandal weather when I won't even bother with socks. I've gone close to two weeks without socks before.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Post by Biff »

FredS wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 11:16
Biff wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 10:07
Nope. I always get dressed for work, even though I just walk upstairs, but I don't usually get around to shoes and socks until after lunch. It's almost sandal weather when I won't even bother with socks. I've gone close to two weeks without socks before.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

I got a spam email solicitation today from someone claiming to have many years of experience as a professional explainerer.

Your grammar are belong to me.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix