TTCMA

The part of the forum where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong here, will be moved here. Maybe.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

TTCMA

Post by JimVH »

Flat tires.

Edit: Discount Tire pulled this out of my back tire this morning. Almost 4" long.
Attachments
tire.jpg
tire.jpg (57.74 KiB) Viewed 1061 times
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

TTCMA

Post by JimVH »

SRO music venues. No chairs is just a way to squeeze out us broken old farts. It's blatant discrimination and I'm offended. I have rights. I think I'll go stop traffic somewhere in protest.

What color awareness ribbon is that?

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

TTCMA

Post by FredS »

JimVH wrote: 30 Aug 2023, 10:32 SRO music venues. No chairs is just a way to squeeze out us broken old farts. It's blatant discrimination and I'm offended. I have rights. I think I'll go stop traffic somewhere in protest.

What color awareness ribbon is that?
I hear ya brother. Concert venues with no seating and concerts on a week night - an artist/band has to be pretty damn good to overcome those two strikes. Many of the small venues around here have limited seating in the balcony or off to one side and we'll almost always pay a premium for them. Otherwise, we find a wall or rail we can lean on all night.

Oh, and the ribbon color? Gray of course.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

TTCMA

Post by JimVH »

A giant cafeteria with only a dozen or so respectfully spaced people in it and Loud Talking Lulu and her boyfriend Productive Cough Pete sit within three feet of me. Both are enjoying animated conversations on their speakerphones, improvising rap rhythms on their plastic water bottles, and trying to out giggle each other. I’m pretty sure they took me off their Christmas card list when I told them to clean off their table and not leave it for the sweet little old bent women responsible for cleaning this giant place alone.

They uttered compliments about my size, ethnicity, and hair style as they walked away.