The Gearhead Thread

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

The Gearhead Thread

Post by Hovannes »

I am allergic to cats, but I recently had to bring home a 50# sack of Pretty Kitty cat litter from Walmart.
It's really 100% unscented diatomaceous earth for cleaning up spilled oil off the garage floor.
Handy stuff, it works quicker than sand.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

The Gearhead Thread

Post by sweetandsour »

Ever try to put a tube in a 18 x 8.5 - 8 zero turn mower tire? It ain't easy.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

The Gearhead Thread

Post by FredS »

sweetandsour wrote: 22 Feb 2023, 05:39 Ever try to put a tube in a 18 x 8.5 - 8 zero turn mower tire? It ain't easy.
I had to put a similar sized tube in an ATV a few months ago. It has two-piece rims so it was a pretty easy job, but I can see why it's a challenge with those small wheels.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

The Gearhead Thread

Post by sweetandsour »

My 2012 Suzuki 70 DF-A outboard motor has an electrical issue, and it's kicking my rear. I found an on-line copy of the service manual, but the wiring diagram doesn't match what I'm finding on my motor.

An on-line Suzuki forum describes a "white wire" issue as a common problem with these motors, and I've tried to register for the forum so I can post my problem to the Suzuki-owning world, but have not successfully registered so far.

Anyway, the motor has no power. Ignition is not working, remote trim switch isn't working, etc. It's as if the battery is dead. I've got voltage to the starter, and to the fuse box. All fuses and relays in the fuse box are good. I'm now trying to trace the wire going to the ECU, and also locate any in-line fuses that may be present. It looks like I will have to dedicate an entire day for tracing and checking wires and trying to find hidden fuses.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

The Gearhead Thread

Post by Hovannes »

here you go:
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

The Gearhead Thread

Post by Hovannes »

So help me, I've got to go to Harbor Freight.
It's a love/hate thing for me.
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

The Gearhead Thread

Post by sweetandsour »

sweetandsour wrote: 22 May 2023, 21:16 My 2012 Suzuki 70 DF-A outboard motor has an electrical issue, and it's kicking my rear. I found an on-line copy of the service manual, but the wiring diagram doesn't match what I'm finding on my motor.

An on-line Suzuki forum describes a "white wire" issue as a common problem with these motors, and I've tried to register for the forum so I can post my problem to the Suzuki-owning world, but have not successfully registered so far.

Anyway, the motor has no power. Ignition is not working, remote trim switch isn't working, etc. It's as if the battery is dead. I've got voltage to the starter, and to the fuse box. All fuses and relays in the fuse box are good. I'm now trying to trace the wire going to the ECU, and also locate any in-line fuses that may be present. It looks like I will have to dedicate an entire day for tracing and checking wires and trying to find hidden fuses.
Still working on this. I located 2 more fuses under the console, but they aren't blown. Still tracing wires and checking voltage; neither the wiring nor installation set up matches what I can find on-line, which is frustrating.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

The Gearhead Thread

Post by Hovannes »

Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

The Gearhead Thread

Post by Hovannes »

I got to drive a new Penske Ford Transit 250 van the other day.
Really nice! :dance:
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

The Gearhead Thread

Post by Hovannes »

I picked up a large sheet of very heavy kraft paper from Costco---they don't charge for them---these are used to separate layers of paper products on pallets (kitchen towels, toilet paper, etc...) they keep my shirt and garage floor clean when I'm working underneath the car.