Somebody say something

The part of the forum where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong here, will be moved here. Maybe.
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Somebody say something

Post by Biff »

mdpiper wrote: 02 May 2022, 20:40 I wonder when or if other original CPS members are going to find our new “fort?”
:eusa-think:
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
sweetandsour
Usher
Usher

Somebody say something

Post by sweetandsour »

Thunktank wrote: 02 May 2022, 20:46
sweetandsour wrote: 02 May 2022, 19:24
Thunktank wrote: 02 May 2022, 19:21 Today:

I just checked Kelly Blue book for the value of my car. 😁

Then I checked it for the value of a certain model truck I want to replace my car for. :o
Yeah, now's the time to sell a car if you don't have to replace the car you're selling.
Yup, prices for used vehicles expected to start going down later this year. But am I willing to drive my old (22 years) Xterra around for a while until the prices come down? Yeah maybe, it works fine, doesn’t burn oil, manual transmission works fine, no check engine lights, the seats aren’t ripped, the headliner hasn’t fallen down and dash hasn’t cracked or noticeably faded. It has a blown speaker, and missing one wheel cap, that’s the only problems it has.
Wow! Have you driven that car? Does the manual trans give you better gas mileage? Or worse. On-line avg appears to be 15/22 city/hwy.
The Indians will not bother you now, on account of ... you are touched.
Thunktank
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Somebody say something

Post by Thunktank »

sweetandsour wrote: 03 May 2022, 04:08
Thunktank wrote: 02 May 2022, 20:46
sweetandsour wrote: 02 May 2022, 19:24

Yeah, now's the time to sell a car if you don't have to replace the car you're selling.
Yup, prices for used vehicles expected to start going down later this year. But am I willing to drive my old (22 years) Xterra around for a while until the prices come down? Yeah maybe, it works fine, doesn’t burn oil, manual transmission works fine, no check engine lights, the seats aren’t ripped, the headliner hasn’t fallen down and dash hasn’t cracked or noticeably faded. It has a blown speaker, and missing one wheel cap, that’s the only problems it has.
Wow! Have you driven that car? Does the manual trans give you better gas mileage? Or worse. On-line avg appears to be 15/22 city/hwy.
Well yeah, I own it. It started off as a cheap SUV for my oldest son to learn how to drive with. He now drives my wife’s old Acura and I use the Xterra as a spare vehicle, a truck, and an outdoors rig. I don’t know or think the gas mileage between manual and automatic Xterras would matter much to me anyways. I like manuals for their extra driver engagement.