I Had a Guy

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

I Had a Guy

Post by FredS »

Arrrrrrrrggggghhhhh!

Called the mountain plumber guy to winterize the cabin well water system. He said he's booked "through November". Well sh*7. Then he asked me where it's at. Turns out he's been the plumber for that cabin for many years and a few different owners, knows exactly what it needs, and can maybe fit me in tomorrow since he'll be in the area. I'm like 'Woot Woot". Not really, but I did say I'd appreciate it and I'm going to watch how he does it and take notes. He says "That's good. I'll probably retire in the spring." Well sh*7.
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
ChildOfGod
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

I Had a Guy

Post by ChildOfGod »

Referring to the OP: That's good stuff Fred! I had twin brother mechanics with whom I went to church. Great guys, and if I was ever waiting for a service to complete I'd get ministered to on a welcomed topic. It was awesome. Took great care of the cars. They've recently retired, and I lost my guys.
Wishing you God's very best!
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

I Had a Guy

Post by FredS »

FredS wrote: 25 Sep 2023, 15:27 Arrrrrrrrggggghhhhh!

Called the mountain plumber guy to winterize the cabin well water system. He said he's booked "through November". Well sh*7. Then he asked me where it's at. Turns out he's been the plumber for that cabin for many years and a few different owners, knows exactly what it needs, and can maybe fit me in tomorrow since he'll be in the area. I'm like 'Woot Woot". Not really, but I did say I'd appreciate it and I'm going to watch how he does it and take notes. He says "That's good. I'll probably retire in the spring." Well sh*7.
Turns out I do have a guy. Justin the mountain plumber guy is just a grumpy old cuss, about my age, who's preoccupied with retirement. We hit it off well and spent more time talking on the porch - about our histories, trucks, hunting, grown children, the cost of living, lazy people, and neighborhood gossip - than he did working. Finally he said "Fred, call me again next year. I'll still be doing this."
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

I Had a Guy

Post by JimVH »

FredS wrote: 28 Sep 2023, 06:34
FredS wrote: 25 Sep 2023, 15:27 Arrrrrrrrggggghhhhh!

Turns out I do have a guy. Justin the mountain plumber guy is just a grumpy old cuss, about my age, who's preoccupied with retirement. We hit it off well and spent more time talking on the porch - about our histories, trucks, hunting, grown children, the cost of living, lazy people, and neighborhood gossip - than he did working. Finally he said "Fred, call me again next year. I'll still be doing this."
Aww, he just can't quit you.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix