The Pope Francis Thread

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Jocose
Usher
Usher

The Pope Francis Thread

Post by Jocose »

https://x.com/ProtecttheFaith/status/17 ... 45176?s=20

Sr. María Lucía Caram Padilla has revealed on Spanish TV that Cardinal 'Tucho' Fernandez, the new prefect of the CDF, is a homosexual
@DrJulesGomes

"Let us not forget that in one of the most important dicasteries, in the whole area of safeguarding, he has put someone who is homosexual; he put him in a Vatican position," the nun revealed on the Spanish Cuentos Chinos program hosted on the Telecinco channel on Sept. 18

https://churchmilitant.com/news/article ... ief-is-gay
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
Wosbald
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

The Pope Francis Thread

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+
Del wrote:
Del wrote: 06 Oct 2023, 07:50[…]

Last week, on Oct. 2, 2023, Pope Francis finally answered a dubia from Cardinal Duka and the Czech bishops -- stating that the German/South America practice is what he meant all along, and that this has been the practice of the Church for seven years since Amoris laetitia.

This bombshell with a long-delayed fuse has upset many of the world's bishops. They were not consulted. There was no magisterial consensus. This has never been done before, and certainly not so subversively. Changing doctrine and practice by a confusing footnote in a 250-page letter, only to define it with a statement seven years later?

[…]
Del wrote: 06 Oct 2023, 14:20[…]

I'm fine with revising canon law, even relaxing marriage discipline to something more in accord with what the Orthodox do.

But not via a footnote after seven years of confusion, and without the collegial support of the world's bishops. This is not the Catholic way.
Firstly and FWIW, my understanding is that Francis had, long-ago, already considered & dismissed the "Orthodox praxis" as being incompatible with Catholic Magisterium.

Secondly and more-to-the-point, were you sleeping in 2016 when I unpacked my reading of Amoris on OldCPS?

And were you also sleeping on OldCPS in 2017–18 when I reported about the Buenos Aires protocols confirming my initial reading and which were magisterially published in the Acta Apostolicae Sedis?

And again, did you miss National Catholic Register (you like and appreciate their journalism, unlike the Reporter, right?) reporting on the selfsame protocols in late 2017? (Link: ncregister DOT com/news/the-pope-s-endorsement-of-argentina-s-amoris-guidelines-what-it-means — "The Pope’s Endorsement of Argentina’s Amoris Guidelines: What It Means")

in Dec '17, National Catholic Register wrote:On the Pope’s personal instruction, the 2016 Buenos Aires bishops’ guidelines on Chapter 8 of his post-synodal apostolic exhortation, Amoris Laetitia, appeared last week in the Holy See’s journal of juridical record, the Acta Apostolicae Sedis AAS). The interpretation permits the sacrament of reconciliation and Holy Communion in some cases for remarried divorcees who, for example, try to live lives of sexual abstinence but must continue to live together for the sake of raising their children.

Alongside the bishops’ guidelines in the same authoritative journal, which promulgates laws when it publishes them, the Holy See also published Pope Francis’ 2016 letter to the Buenos Aires bishops, in which he said the guidelines “fully express the meaning” of Chapter 8 and declared there are “no other interpretations” of this issue.

The Vatican made clear in Acta Apostolicae Sedis that this private papal letter congratulating the bishops on their guidelines would be raised to the magisterial status of an apostolic letter (less magisterial than an encyclical but more than an apostolic exhortation). It also included a special rescript — an official papal decision on doctrine — written June 5 by Cardinal Pietro Parolin, the Vatican secretary of state, which declares that Pope Francis expressly intends that both his letter and the Buenos Aires guidelines are “authentic magisterium.”
Unconfusion is just a wake-up call away.

:sleeping-sleeping:

Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

The Pope Francis Thread

Post by Hovannes »

We need Danny Trejo for the next pope.
Jocose
Usher
Usher

The Pope Francis Thread

Post by Jocose »

https://x.com/father_rmv/status/1711011 ... 12456?s=20

“Once again, as he did with previous synods, Pope Francis has convened a discussion that is supposedly open-ended, dialogic, the Holy Spirit blowing where it wills — but in practice seems intended to provide cover for the pope himself, the only real decider, to bring the church more into alignment with the culture of the post-sexual-revolution West…The pattern where accused abusers or abuse enablers somehow stay in favor as long as they’re understood to be on the pope’s team is a familiar one in this pontificate, and the church’s polarization means that mostly conservatives complain about it, while the secular media’s sympathy for Francis limits the frenzies that would have attended similar scandals under Benedict XVI.” (Ross Douthat, NY Times) #Catholic #CatholicTwitter
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
Del
Usher
Usher

The Pope Francis Thread

Post by Del »

Wosbald wrote: 08 Oct 2023, 12:25 Secondly and more-to-the-point, were you sleeping in 2016 when I unpacked my reading of Amoris on OldCPS?
I am confident that I tried very hard to read it and failed to comprehend whatever you were getting at.
===========================

Do you remember when you used to be deeply offended by the Mass of Paul VI and by how it was imposed upon us artificially as a break from organically developed Tradition?

That is what we are feeling now with these new teachings regarding sins against sacramental marriage which diverge sharply from ancient Apostolic Teaching and the Gospel.

I'm not going to debate it much, as my opinion is as powerless as yours. This is at the Holy Spirit's level now, and we'll see how the bishops and cardinals respond.
Wosbald
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

The Pope Francis Thread

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+
Del wrote: 09 Oct 2023, 06:07[…]

I'm not going to debate it much, as my opinion is as powerless as yours. This is at the Holy Spirit's level now, and we'll see how the bishops and cardinals respond.
The bishops still have lots of options. In fact, that's what Amoris is about: Giving them more options, not less.

Except for one.

The only option they no longer have is saying "I'm sorry. Canon Law makes me do 'X'. My hands are tied." Kicking it back up to Rome is no longer an option. (For now, at least. A future Pope could reassert more centralized control, of course.)

Instead, they now merely hafta take full ownership of their pastoral applications of Canon Law, whether for or against the provisional admittance of any particular "public sinners".

:greetings-wavegreen: -or- :eusa-hand:

Jocose
Usher
Usher

The Pope Francis Thread

Post by Jocose »

https://x.com/ProtecttheFaith/status/17 ... 24501?s=20

So much for Africa saving the Faith from Bergoglio's homoheretics

Asked a direct question about attempts to promote the 'normalisation' of sodomy at the Synod, Cardinal Fridolin Ambongo Besungu fails to uphold Divine Revelation, instead spouts Bergoglian word salad …

I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent
Sunday School Superintendent

The Pope Francis Thread

Post by Hugo Drax »

This thread is a dumpster fire.
Weenies are us.
Jocose
Usher
Usher

The Pope Francis Thread

Post by Jocose »

Captain, there are doubts
Regarding
Your ability
To lead them
The men
Lead them

There are doubts in your ability
There's too many blanks in your analogies

Lieutenant there is talk
Pertaining interpretations
The problems
Describe them
Problems

The enemy turns captain
The captain turns civilian
The lieutenant becomes casualty

The enemy turns captain
And the captain turns civilian

There's too many doubts in your ability
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

The Pope Francis Thread

Post by Hovannes »

Pope Pius XI had the cojones to publish Mit Brennenger Sorge in 1937 when, like today, the world was on the brink of global war.
Last edited by Hovannes on 12 Oct 2023, 04:24, edited 2 times in total.