Saved

We never get tired of hearing these tales
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Saved

Post by Hovannes »

The memory still haunts me.

Late on a Winter's night I was driving home from work in Yosemite National Park on a two lane winding mountain road. There was no traffic behind or in front of me and no oncoming traffic either. I wasn't going very fast because it was icy and lightly snowing.
I rounded a tight corner and a huge tree had fallen across the road blocking both lanes, the sight of the tree trunk filled my windshield so I slammed on the brakes and whipped the wheel to the right and closed my eyes, instinctively covering my face with my arms, hoping the rear wheels would skid and maybe I'd impact on the rear window,

When the spinning stopped and I opened my eyes, the car sat idling, un wrecked, on the other side of the downed tree and pointed in the homebound direction.

Praise God!
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Saved

Post by Biff »

My wife had an experience almost identical. Angels at work.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
Hovannes
Door Greeter
Door Greeter

Saved

Post by Hovannes »

Biff wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 13:34 My wife had an experience almost identical. Angels at work.
They work overtime!
jmg
Resting Mercenary face
Resting Mercenary face

Saved

Post by jmg »

Hovannes wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 05:01 The memory still haunts me.

Late on a Winter's night I was driving home from work in Yosemite National Park on a two lane winding mountain road. There was no traffic behind or in front of me and no oncoming traffic either. I wasn't going very fast because it was icy and lightly snowing.
I rounded a tight corner and a huge tree had fallen across the road blocking both lanes, the sight of the tree trunk filled my windshield so I slammed on the brakes and whipped the wheel to the right and closed my eyes, instinctively covering my face with my arms, hoping the rear wheels would skid and maybe I'd impact on the rear window,

When the spinning stopped and I opened my eyes, the car sat idling, un wrecked, on the other side of the downed tree and pointed in the homebound direction.

Praise God!
God is good. Thank you for this testimony.
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." -My dad

"No reserves. No retreats. No regrets." -William Borden