Texas River and Stream Flow

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

Post by JimVH »

I realize only the coolest of you will care, but this is pretty interesting:

https://tpwd.texas.gov/landwater/water/ ... ver_flow/#
Last edited by JimVH on 09 May 2022, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Biff
Darth Floof Floof
Darth Floof Floof

Texas River Flow

Post by Biff »

JimVH wrote: 09 May 2022, 19:35 I realize only the coolest of you will care, but this is pretty interesting:

https://tpwd.texas.gov/landwater/water/ ... ver_flow/#
Huh. Didn't realize Tx had so many rivers.
Here I stand. I can do no other. :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-canada:
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

Post by FredS »

That's cool Jim.

I use an app called RiverApp that can access river gauges all over the world. Water, water flow, and water usage have become much more important to me since moving west. The other day, my local river was flowing around 250 cfs where it exits the canyon. Ten miles downstream where it runs through town it was flowing 2 cfs. It was an abnormally warm day at 85 degrees and much of the aquatic life was surely killed. Essentially 100% of the water was being diverted to lakes/ponds/canals for irrigation. I'm no tree hugger, and I understand there's always been conflicts over water out here and a growing population needs more and more water, and people are more important than fish, but c'mon man, they basically stopped the flow of the river that day.

Here's a guy literally straddling the river in our new 10 million dollar "whitewater" park. May 6, 2022
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson