The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post about everything from carrying a handkerchief to manly skills (sharpening a pocket knife, etc), to product reviews of items that may have slipped inder our radar (ie Grandpa's Pine Tar soap). No threads on anything 'new' unless it hearkens to old-fashioned sensibilities and ideals.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by JimVH »

Hugo Drax wrote: 23 Nov 2023, 13:11 In the last 3 days, I have received: a 1969 AG Russell single spring Mohawk canoe with genuine pearl scales, a hundred year old single blade Westenholm Barlow, a brass handled single blade Virgin Mary quill knife from Lourdes, and an old beat-up laguiole picnic knife.

I have ordered a rough rider elephant's toe and a marbles Barlow with checkered gun stock handles

I'm still awaiting the two Italian pocket knives that began this madness.

I'd blame Jocose but I'm thankful to feel like a kiddo again.
You’re a role model :)

Glad you’re having fun.
“The great thing about dogs is we all have the best one.” -Me

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
Hugo Drax
Sunday School Superintendent

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by Hugo Drax »

Red Ryder blue bone sunfish came in yesterday. It must weigh over a pound. It's a monstrosity, a joke, a freak.

Please don't tell anybody I love it
Weenies are us.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by JimVH »

Hugo Drax wrote: 25 Nov 2023, 05:54 Red Ryder blue bone sunfish came in yesterday. It must weigh over a pound. It's a monstrosity, a joke, a freak.

Please don't tell anybody I love it
That just made me smile.

“Don’t you ever try that again. That’s how people get store bought teeth.” -Joe Mannix
FredS
A Rotten Mexican Woman
A Rotten Mexican Woman

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by FredS »

Holy Cutlery Batman! :shock: Our (sort of) local auction house has an auction going with hundreds of knives. Folders, fixed, swords, you name it.

Physician's Bankruptcy Estate Auction

(note that this is an online auction with local pick-up - - - don't expect them to ship anything, but I know a guy who can help out if needed)
If we ever get to heaven boys, it ain't because we ain't done nothin' wrong. - Kris Kristofferson
Jocose
Usher
Usher

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by Jocose »

FredS wrote: 28 Nov 2023, 08:23 Holy Cutlery Batman! :shock: Our (sort of) local auction house has an auction going with hundreds of knives. Folders, fixed, swords, you name it.

(note that this is an online auction with local pick-up - - - don't expect them to ship anything, but I know a guy who can help out if needed)
Dang, man.. too cool
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by JimVH »

Jocose wrote: 28 Nov 2023, 09:05
FredS wrote: 28 Nov 2023, 08:23 Holy Cutlery Batman! :shock: Our (sort of) local auction house has an auction going with hundreds of knives. Folders, fixed, swords, you name it.

Dang, man.. too cool
He had some very nice pieces in his collection. A lot of them.

JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by JimVH »

Hugo triggered me (you know, since individual responsibility can't apply). I've looked at elephant toenail knives for years and successfully repressed the impulse until now. Hello ebay. I found a denim micarta RR elephant toenail for a price I was very happy with and ordered it. Unable to leave well enough alone I then saw a jigged bone sunfish that I managed to score for only eight bucks and change. Now I have two ginormous knives I don't need that will require both a belt and suspenders to carry.

I am weak.
Attachments
new knives.jpg
new knives.jpg (101.19 KiB) Viewed 23358 times

Hugo Drax

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by Hugo Drax »

I would like to apologize to JimVH for my profligacy. Now I need to find a second because, as Jim pointed out, the smart play is to carry one in each pocket for balance.

Thanks a lot, Jim.
Weenies are us.
JimVH
Deacon
Deacon

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by JimVH »

Hugo Drax wrote: 28 Nov 2023, 16:01 I would like to apologize to JimVH for my profligacy. Now I need to find a second because, as Jim pointed out, the smart play is to carry one in each pocket for balance.

Thanks a lot, Jim.
Well learned, grasshopper.

Jocose
Usher
Usher

The OFG's Pocket Knife

Post by Jocose »

Here’s my new to me Western Barlow. I couldn’t be happier with it, it’s a solid knife.

I can’t thank Bloodhound enough for being such a bad influ.. Er, I mean inspiration.
The views expressed here are either mine or not my own, not sure.
The opinions expressed here may or may not be my own.
I post links to stuff.
Make your own choices.